Cs-Cart Progress: April / May 2019 Video Report

You are says magento enterprise support etc, did u check cs-cart extra support prices? Cs team sell product + support, (magento is free) they want just money for unlimited support ( enterprise ) , also maybe 200-300 company support for magento, or woo, you can find really cheap companies, for cs-cart only 10-15 russian company and all them of really expensive

You are says magento enterprise support etc, did u check cs-cart extra support prices? Cs team sell product + support, (magento is free) they want just money for unlimited support ( enterprise ) , also maybe 200-300 company support for magento, or woo, you can find really cheap companies, for cs-cart only 10-15 russian company and all them of really expensive

Yeah. Used CS's carts support quite a lot. 10 or 20 worth in credits which took them quite some time to sort is not expensive and this forum has some real hero's aswell.

Magento is NOT free. Where do you get that?!?
The community edition IS free, but no support or whatsoever from the team, also the free edition is NOT PCI Compliant and has way lower security then the enterprise version.
If you want official support with good security it starts at 2000 a month. There are more diffrences between the free and enterprise version. Free version is only good for small stores.

In the past 5 years i've found all support i need on these forums and trough the CS.Cart support. Overall we're super happy with CS.Cart, the only thing which i see as a real problem is the new light checkout, which as i believe is being planned to improved as we speak.

Yeah. Used CS's carts support quite a lot. 10 or 20 worth in credits which took them quite some time to sort is not expensive and this forum has some real hero's aswell.

Magento is NOT free. Where do you get that?!?
The community edition IS free, but no support or whatsoever from the team, also the free edition is NOT PCI Compliant and has way lower security then the enterprise version.
If you want official support with good security it starts at 2000 a month. There are more diffrences between the free and enterprise version. Free version is only good for small stores.

In the past 5 years i've found all support i need on these forums and trough the CS.Cart support. Overall we're super happy with CS.Cart, the only thing which i see as a real problem is the new light checkout, which as i believe is being planned to improved as we speak.

Main issue that remains with CS-Cart is that they are continuously ignoring any requests. They only add new features if Simtech needs them (and not other developers). A great example of this was the fact that they had a very outdated version of the AWS SDK, which they have now finally updated only for simtech to use. Its great that they finally did, but it just sucks that we get no say in this whatsoever, after all I requested this over 4 years ago.

Main issue that remains with CS-Cart is that they are continuously ignoring any requests.

And THAT's what i do agree on. This is an issue with more systems though. Woocommerce for example has since the first version a fixed "show number of products per page of 12". You have to override that with code or a plugin. But it's something silly. I've and hundreds if not more people have requested to change this. Just add a section where to change this, but they're not even responding.

I've mentioned this about CS.Cart somewhere else. There are loads of feature request which are just being ignored.
I am 100% sure that if CS.Cart/Simtech upped customer/community communication and actually listen a bit more they will grow!

And THAT's what i do agree on. This is an issue with more systems though. Woocommerce for example has since the first version a fixed "show number of products per page of 12". You have to override that with code or a plugin. But it's something silly. I've and hundreds if not more people have requested to change this. Just add a section where to change this, but they're not even responding.

I've mentioned this about CS.Cart somewhere else. There are loads of feature request which are just being ignored.
I am 100% sure that if CS.Cart/Simtech upped customer/community communication and actually listen a bit more they will grow!

Worst part is that they don't allow you to even submit pull requests to fix issues or to add things yourself...

After looking at a number of alternatives to cs-cart, for reasons too many to go into here, Ive come to the realization that no matter what software brand we settle on as the basis for our stores, we will need to pay dev's to get all the functions we want.
Our familiarity with CS-cart is one deciding influence.

I see CSC is moving to the B2B/B2C direction, and if we go that way, its additionally expensive as we still will need the same amount of dev work done. License renewals are available, but I dont see CS-cart Ultimate (non-multivendor) in the Price List.

Q1. What is the RoadMap for CSC v4 Ultimate (not the MV version)?
Q2. What is the intended licensed support cut-off date for updates?

If its being dropped, that's probably ok, we can get Dev work done the way we want it, some of which might need core changes, so that could negate future updates anyway.

I dont see CS-cart Ultimate (non-multivendor) in the Price List.

I assume that that's the key point of your post, so I'll address that primarily.

You're correct that CS-Cart Ultimate isn't listed on the product comparison page. I guess it was done to avoid making that page too complicated, because we offer many different products right now.

However, CS-Cart Ultimate is still sold; we continue to provide upgrades and support it. We release upgrades for all our products at the same time, and there are no plans to change that. Version 4.12.1 will release soon; it will mainly include interface improvements in the admin panel for:

- products
- product options
- product features
- product variations
- shipping methods
- etc.

It will also include extended notification center and—my personal favorite—the ability to hide real-time shipping methods of your choice in specific rate areas (a part of reworked and more obvious shipping method configuration). There should also be improvements in the performance of product filters.

Unfortunately, I can't speak about anything too far off in the future. Long-term plans have a tendency to change depending on the new circumstances. That's why I try not to promise something far off in the future, and instead mention tasks that:

a) have already been implemented;
b) are being implemented;
c) are scheduled for implementation in the nearest future.

Thanks for the fast reply, I'll investigate our options going forward.
When I didn't see it listed under the Pricing, Prices, any Licenses link, or any other menu item, I figured it was on its way out.