Cs-cart " picker"

our have many products online, categolories more than 100.

When the number of categories is more than 100, the drop down box is automatically replaced with the so called “picker” in the search form.

cs-cart explain that: "it is default CS-Cart functionality. "

does any one know how to keep Drop Down Box, don’t need replaced by “picker”

thanks kevin

You can increase the number in this line of config.php:

// These constants define when select box with categories list should be replaced with picker
define('CATEGORY_THRESHOLD', [B][COLOR="Red"]100[/COLOR][/B]); // if number of categories less than this value, all categories will be retrieved, otherwise subcategories will be retrieved by ajax

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You can increase the number in this line of config.php:

// These constants define when select box with categories list should be replaced with picker
define('CATEGORY_THRESHOLD', [B][COLOR="Red"]100[/COLOR][/B]); // if number of categories less than this value, all categories will be retrieved, otherwise subcategories will be retrieved by ajax

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hi Bob

Will changing this number have any effect on the speed of the back end, I assume they did this for a reason.

Thank you

Joe

I have never tested it - I just remember seeing the setting in the config file. I suspect there might be some speed hit but not sure how much.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I have never tested it - I just remember seeing the setting in the config file. I suspect there might be some speed hit but not sure how much.

Bob[/QUOTE]

I have over 350 categories and I just changed the number to 400 and I don’t notice any lack of speed , I guess time will tell. I hated the picker , too much work to get to a category.

Joe

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]I have over 350 categories and I just changed the number to 400 and I don’t notice any lack of speed , I guess time will tell. I hated the picker , too much work to get to a category.[/QUOTE]

That’s good news! Hopefully you will not encounter any speed hits when your site is under a load.

Bob

thank you bob, very thanks for your help. kevin