CS Cart payment method depending on basket total

Hi Guys and gals,

I hope you can help.

I have the latest version of CS Cart installed, and would like to make it so that my cart displays specific mayment methods, depending on the total of the basket.

I have found the below knowledge base item that seems to do it for versiion 2.0.x, but i have the latest version, and this does not appear to work.

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I have been in touch with CS Cart who have intimated that it is possible.

If any one can point me the right way, or offer some advice, i would be most grateful.

THanks in advance.

Any help is appreciated :)

Any one at all ?

Any advice is appreciated.

You want to customize V3 when V3 is not yet released?

No, the version that I am using is 2.2.4

This is the version that i wish to customize.

Is this a possibility within version 3 ?

are you able to assist tbirnseth ?

That solution in the KB should work in 2.2.4. It is only looking to match an amount against a hard coded payment_id. If they match, then the payment method is used. otherwise not. So this basically “includes” a payment method if it meets the conditions, but does not eliminate any if the condition is met.

If you want custom development, please contact me at support@ez-msXX.com (remove X's) and I will be happy to review your actual requirements and give you a quote.

No clue on V3.

I'm not even looking at V3 until it has a stable release (production quality) and they publish the addon developers guide they promised in another thread. I would imagine the hooks are still in place, but the actual html might be different. You'll have to find the original hook in the templates and then compare that code with what's used in the hook when the conditions are met.

Slight update on the above issue guys, the above is now working for me

If possible, I would like to add something into the code that would allow me to disable a certain payment method if the proce is over a certain value.

Can anyone help ?

Add a post controller for checkout for the 'payment mode' or the specific step (not sure which). Then loop through the list of payment providers by doing a get_var() for the variable used to hold the array of payment providers being passed to the page and unset() the one you want removed if your conditions are met and then re-assign the variable using assign(). Review the constrollers/checkout.php code for the non-POST mode for the payment area of checkout.

Hi tbirnseth - im a little lost on the post controller, can i be really cheeky and ask you to point me the right way?

Go to the developers forum and search for “post controller” and you'll find a series of tutorials I wrote on addons and controllers.

You could also look at other addons for examples.

Hi tbernseth - I'm sorry, i'm still a little lost on the post controller i'm afraid. Where do i add the post controller, and how do i go about it.

If you cant help, are you able to point me somewhere that can?

Search the developer forum for a series of threads I wrote that are a tutorial on addons, php hooks and controllers.

Hi Guys and gals,

I hope you can help.

I have the latest version of CS Cart installed, and would like to make it so that my cart displays specific mayment methods, depending on the total of the basket.

I have found the below knowledge base item that seems to do it for versiion 2.0.x, but i have the latest version, and this does not appear to work.

http://kb.cs-cart.com/payment-method-order-total

I have been in touch with CS Cart who have intimated that it is possible.

If any one can point me the right way, or offer some advice, i would be most grateful.

THanks in advance.

I added it .(version 44x 43x 45x)
http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/47962-restrict-payment-by-order-total/