Cs-cart not transferring item names to Paypal

Hello,

I have 2.1.3 running and using Paypal website payments as the payment processor. I see that the item names are not being transferred from the cart to paypal if a discount is applied. I only see “Total Product Cost” as the item name on the order details in paypal. Kindly see the attachment. CS-cart support has given the below reply :

“It is caused by the “10% OFF” promotion applied to your order. Please let me explain. If there are the order total discounts in the order, the cart total will send as one item without detail description, in order to calculate properly on the Pay Pal pages

If there are no the order total discounts in the orders the product descriptions will be send to Pay Pal properly. Unfortunately it is a default functionality of Pay Pal calculation.”

Do all Cs-cart owners see the same kind of functionality in Paypal and is there any fix to this issue?

Paypal_no_product_details.JPG

My cart is old version, but with regular paypal website payments I do see product titles in paypal details, do not see them in express checkout.

[quote name=‘Darius’]My cart is old version, but with regular paypal website payments I do see product titles in paypal details, do not see them in express checkout.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was working perfectly alright for my even in 1.3.5-Sp4. Looks like Cs-cart likes going 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards with their so called ‘upgrades’.

I have the same issue…can someone provide a fix for this issue? I am using paypal express checkout.

It is because of the way they handle promotions and other discounts. They are not line-items (I.e. Discount = -$10.00). It drove me crazy in my integration because my order manager wants line items to add up for everything to the order total. So things like gift certificates and promotions all have to be handled separately and basically redone before sending to the order manager. You can tell they don’t have any resident accountants on staff! :slight_smile:

They explained why it doesn’t work in paypal, but I’m certain their custom development team can get you what you want! (okay, sarcasm hat off).

In 2.1.4 order total discount with coupon code transfers all totals and product descriptions to paypal just fine. Not sure if express checkout is ok too.

it doesn’t work in express checkout.

is there a solution for this problem?