Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.5.1 Have Been Released

Hmm, well according to a quick goole search.. recapture can easily be bypassed via the audio challenge using Google Speech Recognition. so I guess it wont be long before a new captcha method will be needed?

Tested my own website again today, straight away got the "Street sign" test, which, as previously reported, failed even tho its blatently obvious which squares have the signs in them... Why does it fail if the quiz is answered correctly?

Perhaps http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/48006-upgrade-smarty-3121-to-3131/ ?

We did not test it on PHP 7.2 yet.

Also the database backup/restore isn't compatible with php 7.1-7.2

It would be great if 4.5.2 would include the following features:

1. PHP 7.1 / 7.2 support

2. Smarty from 3.1.21 to 3.1.31

This should speed up cs-cart for a fair amount!

thank you, we'll check

Can you please post your server configuration.

Smarty from 3.1.21 to 3.1.31

The most recent version of Smarty is 10% slower than version we're currently using at CS-Cart.

Also, it is not backwards compatible at all.

The most recent version of Smarty is 10% slower than version we're currently using at CS-Cart.

Also, it is not backwards compatible at all.

And where did you fin d the benchmarks? Please prove your point! (F.E. Smarty did have a performance issue but this was fixed:

Smarty 3.1.27
String fetch in 0.5550, or 0.0001 per run.
From template in 0.4850, or 0.0000 per run.

Smarty 3.1.28
String fetch in 2.4700, or 0.0002 per run.
From template in 2.1300, or 0.0002 per run.

Smarty 3.1.29
String fetch in 2.4625, or 0.0002 per run.
From template in 2.1275, or 0.0002 per run.

Smarty 3.1.30-dev/51
String fetch in 0.5700, or 0.0001 per run.
From template in 0.4600, or 0.0000 per run. )

thank you, we'll check

Can you please post your server configuration.

Dev server details:

Application Version

Apache version: Apache/2.4.25
PHP version: 7.1.2 and 7.2.0 [PHP Switcher]
MySQL version: 10.1.21-MariaDB
FTP version: 1.0.42

System Info

CPU Model: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz
CPU Details: 4 Core (3500 MHz)
Distro Name: CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
Kernel Version: 3.10.0-514.6.1.el7.x86_64

Also the following file requires the $schema = array(); fix in php 7.1 and upper
app/addons/discussion/schemas/seo/canonical_urls.php

Have a nice weekend.

Google really should drop the 'street sign' aspect in it's reCaptcha.

This will certainly add to customer frustration.

IMHO CSC should include some automated Bot detection / blocking as an inbuit security measure , Just relying on Google reCapture is not enough. Especially given the rather unstable accuracy of its answer detection... Im concerned that our customers will just get pissed off and leave the cart.

It seems that the google reCAPTCHA isn't the best solution, customers are leaving the cart.

You can take a look at the slider captcha on aliexpress.com. Is working for them very well. And leave google as an alternative.

Only a suggestion....

Hang on. Is this google re-captcha now compulsory in 4.5.1 ??

I think I will upgrade to the last version to use CS-Cart captcha and then STAY there

( if google compulsory ).

Yes the slider on aliexpress.com has always struck me as a good example of an easy to use verification. Im guessing aliexpress don't have too many issues with Bots.?

Im not happy with this google reCaptcha at all. Ive made a suggestion in another "Fload of Spam thread" regarding this and think there are more intelligent ways to address this issue rather than just impose goggle reCaptcha on our customers. I dont think email verification is the answer as the website will still be sending out emails to fake email addresses, which could get the server IPA on blocked lists.

So what exactly is the big deal with google recaptcha compared to cranking up

our native captcha. Can't we we just make our present captcha 5 or 6 characters ?

when i change from php7.0 cgi to php7.1 DSO it gives 500 internal error. i already clean cache. do i miss something?

when i change from php7.0 cgi to php7.1 DSO it gives 500 internal error. i already clean cache. do i miss something?

On what cs-cart version are you? And if so, do you use any third party applications?

4.5.1 cs-cart

I am on WHM server with

opcache and php7.0 cgi

i want to upgrade to

opcache php7.1 dso

no others

in .htaccess i only have added that for redirection to www.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1[R=301,L]

in .htaccess i only have added that for redirection to www.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\.
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1[R=301,L]

http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/47825-php-711-error/?hl=php+7.1&fromsearch=1

There are many posts like this, please visit them.

Furthermore, you cant just upgrade php 7.1, you will have to upgrade all the packages that come along with it. So for instance:

1. libapache-php

2. php-fpm (if needed)

3. php-zip, etc, etc.

Just search it on google and you will definetely come across some solutions for this!

As far as I know CSC is not compatible with PHP 7.1 at this time so I would advise against upgrading PHP.