Cs-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.3.2 Released

[quote name='ilib' timestamp='1433936549' post='218203']

So how to know when I can proceed and how to be sure that the correct distribution will be downloaded?

[/quote]

Please let me know what version do you have send the outout of “?version” parameter in URL. and wether you have a Full version r Free.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1433936582' post='218204']

After you create a backup you will have a list ob backups. It can be database, or files. Each backup has a Gear box, where you can select “Restore”. But you need to hover mouse cursor on the line first.

[/quote]

OK: That is great for backups. But with several addons you need a database update when installing. With previous versions, you could simply place a file in: var/database and the click the restore-button. I guess this is no longer possible then? You have to do it manually in PHPmyAdmin, or is it any other way of doing this now?

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1433935251' post='218193']

Did you check in action what its like to backup images say store got ~3000products ~5000images.

[/quote]

You are free to select what you want to backup: [url=“http://note.io/1IEWRy9”]Custom Domain by Bitly

As for the speed. I think you are right and with a lot of files that would be slow. We will consider adding native tar or zip support in future version.

Anyway if you try this. please let us know your thoughts. This is new feature but i think that would be useful for CS-Cart owners and we will keep on working in this direction.

[quote name='Onkel_Sid' timestamp='1433937433' post='218208']

OK: That is great for backups. But with several addons you need a database update when installing. With previous versions, you could simply place a file in: var/database and the click the restore-button. I guess this is no longer possible then? You have to do it manually in PHPmyAdmin, or is it any other way of doing this now?

[/quote]

It is possible. Just place you sql dump to var/backups folder.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1433940985' post='218217']

It is possible. Just place you sql dump to var/backups folder.

[/quote]

Aha. Thanks !!!

Hi imac. How we can use wget i use wget command but not working

[quote name='crazyshark20' timestamp='1434017045' post='218372']

Hi imac. How we can use wget i use wget command but not working

[/quote]

wget "https://www.cs-cart.com/index.php?dispatch=pages.get_trial&page_id=297&edition=ultimate"

With 'image_resize_lib' auto option, does it first try imagik then gd?

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1434100526' post='218510']

[/quote]

you have to set imagick or gd…i don't think auto is supported

[quote name='demeldoo' timestamp='1434101791' post='218523']

you have to set imagick or gd…i don't think auto is supported

[/quote]

4.3.2 default is auto

I'm running a licensed 4.2.x at this moment. Within backend I already got the notification of the new version; would you recoemmnd update? Are any other updates on their way?

Furthemore: why do I get here, on this forum, a 403 page (just when wanted to go the second page of this topic)?

Cheers,

Alex

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1434100526' post='218510']

[/quote]

Yes, exactly, If there is imagik - than it will be used, otherwise - GD.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Another good thing in this release is a new [/font][/color]Call Requests [color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]add-on that can simplify and speed up the process of ordering.”[/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The explanation in the blog is as clear as mud for me.

Just how does Call Requests differ from the normal shopping cart process ?[/font][/color]

hi,

[quote]

[color=#333333][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Another good thing in this release is a new [/font][/font][/color]Call Requests [color=#333333][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]add-on that can simplify and speed up the process of ordering.”[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The explanation in the blog is as clear as mud for me.

Just how does Call Requests differ from the normal shopping cart process ?[/font][/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[/quote]

The point is that admin creates payment method “Phone ordering” of off-line type (presents in the default cs-cart installation) or any other off-line payment method.

1. How to place order without call requests:
  • Customer finds a product;
  • Customer adds it to cart;
  • Customer goes to the checkout (or “View cart” firstly - depending on the store settings) and complete all steps;

1. How to place order with call requests:
  • Customer finds a product and goes to its details page or “Quick view” window;
  • Customer clicks button “Buy in 1 click” and fills in the instant form to place order;

NOTE: In configuration of “Call requests” module the order placement form is bound to particular payment method, e.g. “Phone ordering”

With call requests customer economies multiple clicks and needn't go through “View cart” or checkout pages.

best regards,

WSA team

Thanks Damir.

CS-Cart should hire you to rewrite their manuals.

No offense intended CS-Cart guys but you are so busy

with coding that you don't have time for the human interface.

welcome, termalert

it takes ages to write a full cs-cart manual :-)

You wouldn't have to write the whole thing. Just clarify some sections

and provide real world examples. Too many sections are php gurus

explaining things to php gurus. Too much pre knowledge is assumed.

Us mere mortals can only scratch our heads.

Hi,

Using 4.3.1 and no update to 4.3.2 available yet, we have active sub…

Need it to fix the search issues…

Same here… Still waiting for the upgrade to show in admin… Needs the bug fixes…

Also still waiting on the upgrade on 2 different sites.