CS-Cart Multi-Store Beta is ready for testing

[quote name='alexions' timestamp='1316603640' post='122031']

Currently I am working on the documentation on how to install CS-Cart Multi-Store Edition on a server using cPanel.[/quote]

Alexions,

Any new on the documentation? I would really like to work on beta testing, but I want to set it up correctly. It will also help know how to use the Admin to properly setup the different sites.

Thanks,

Adam

[quote name='Phoenix' timestamp='1317412648' post='122705']

Will symbolic links work for domains as well and not just subdirectories? For example, http://www.example2.com that links to http://www.example.com? If so, will the search engines see http://www.example2.com as unique content (its own domain) and not a redirect to (or mirrored content) of http://www.example.com?

[/quote]

If you create a symbolic link from one directory to another, the other directory's content will the same. So if your web directory is var/www/virtual/mainstore.com and you create a var/www/store2.com, you have to create a symbolic link from var/www/mainstore. So the cs-cart multistore engine will recognize, that store2.com is another storefront (if you set the store2.com in the admin panel).

You can use symbolic link not only for subdirectories. But if you cannot create this, you have to contact with your hosting provider, and then they will set these settings up.

I have a few more questions:

1. Is this script “product description area” support HTML language for custom template?

2. Can I put banner ads in my store? or it is depends on the theme that I'm using?

3. And it will be much more interesting if customer can leave their review about the product purchased. That's mean the review leaves by customer only can be seen in the store where they have purchased that item. So, every store owner have their own customer and review. I think this is important as some customer will post their review about the services provided, how friendly the owner and the pricing.

regards,

Hello, Adam.

[quote name='jegesmaci' timestamp='1317424871' post='122712']

Any new on the documentation? I would really like to work on beta testing, but I want to set it up correctly. It will also help know how to use the Admin to properly setup the different sites.

[/quote]

The documentation is ready. You can find it by this link:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Please let me know if any points are not clear to you and I will describe them in more detail.

Thank you.

Thanks Drahos,

You are right. If storefronts are configured correctly, example.com and example2.com will display content of different stores even if they are located at the same IP address.

So there will be no problems with search systems.

[quote name='max_master' timestamp='1317469848' post='122733']

I have a few more questions:

[/quote]

1. Is this script “product description area” support HTML language for custom template?

[/quote]

Yes, it is. Also CS-Cart has an HTML editor which helps you edit a product description.

2. Can I put banner ads in my store? or it is depends on the theme that I'm using?

[/quote]

Please clarify what banner ads exactly you mean, the “Affiliate” add-on or the “Banners management” add-on?

It will be possible to set its own usual banners for each storefront. Or it will be possible to share them, in other words one banner can be assigned to several storefronts. As regards affiliate, this add-on is not adapted to work with the CS-Cart Multi-Store Edition yet.

3. And it will be much more interesting if customer can leave their review about the product purchased. That's mean the review leaves by customer only can be seen in the store where they have purchased that item. So, every store owner have their own customer and review. I think this is important as some customer will post their review about the services provided, how friendly the owner and the pricing.

[/quote]

In the Beta version of CS-Cart Multi-Store Edition, customer reviews do not work correctly. This functionality is under development at the moment, so it will be fully functioning after the release and customers will be able to post reviews for products, certain storefront, and only the owner of this storefront and root admin will see these reviews.

Thank you.

I’m exited about the Multi-store functionality.

When is the official launch for commercial use expected <_< ?

I created a symlink on a test domain that points to the Multi-Store installation but I get the following message when viewing the domain:

No skins found

A store has been created and configured for the domain and a skin has been selected for the store and I see the skin directory within the “vendors” directory but the error still persists. Also, when removing the www from the domain, it is just a blank screen. Literally no HTML whatsoever.

Is there possibly an updated Beta? A new RC release perhaps? Anyone else successfully setup a domain and have the domain resolve to a configured store?

Hi Drahos,

I hope you don't mind me asking but I don't understand the following statement:

[quote name='drahos.istvan' timestamp='1317458576' post='122725']

If you create a symbolic link from one directory to another, the other directory's content will the same. So if your web directory is var/www/virtual/mainstore.com and you create a var/www/store2.com, you have to create a symbolic link from var/www/mainstore. So the cs-cart multistore engine will recognize, that store2.com is another storefront (if you set the store2.com in the admin panel).

[/quote]

My IHP told me that if I create a symlink that the directory of where the symlink is created can't exist. So in other words, the directory has to be removed before the symlink can be created. So for example:

*** domains below replaced with example.com and example2.com for example purposes. Actual domains are registered and have the same nameservers ***

Multi-Store is installed at example.com with the document root of:

/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/

and my second domain is example2.com with the document root of the following:

/var/www/vhosts/example2.com/httpdocs/

So I removed the httpdocs directory for example2.com and created a symlink as in the following:

ln -s /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/ /var/www/vhosts/example2.com/httpdocs

The symlink successfully resolves to example.com but Multi-Store must not recognize the example2.com domain because it is a blank screen when viewing example2.com.

Did I create the symlink correctly?

A store has been created in Multi-Store and configured for example2.com and a skin has been selected and installed but something isn't working correctly. Any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

[quote name=‘dennis’ timestamp=‘1318421426’ post=‘123519’]

I’m exited about the Multi-store functionality.

When is the official launch for commercial use expected <_< ?

[/quote]

Dear dennis,

The final release is expected to come out somewhen around Christmas or in January 2012. Unfortunately, we cannot say the exact date at the moment.

[quote name='Phoenix' timestamp='1318704606' post='123762']

Hi Drahos,

I hope you don't mind me asking but I don't understand the following statement:

My IHP told me that if I create a symlink that the directory of where the symlink is created can't exist. So in other words, the directory has to be removed before the symlink can be created. So for example:

*** domains below replaced with example.com and example2.com for example purposes. Actual domains are registered and have the same nameservers ***

Multi-Store is installed at example.com with the document root of:

/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/

and my second domain is example2.com with the document root of the following:

/var/www/vhosts/example2.com/httpdocs/

So I removed the httpdocs directory for example2.com and created a symlink as in the following:

ln -s /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/ /var/www/vhosts/example2.com/httpdocs

The symlink successfully resolves to example.com but Multi-Store must not recognize the example2.com domain because it is a blank screen when viewing example2.com.

Did I create the symlink correctly?

A store has been created in Multi-Store and configured for example2.com and a skin has been selected and installed but something isn't working correctly. Any insight or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

[/quote]

Dear Phoenix,

Unfortunately, we do not have a hosting where the Plesk control panel is used. We will find any in the nearest time and provide you with instructions. Besides we will be glad to help you set operation of MSE on multiple domains, please contact us if you are interested in this (imac[ at ]cs-cart.com).

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1318858192' post='123885']

Dear Phoenix,

Unfortunately, we do not have a hosting where the Plesk control panel is used. We will find any in the nearest time and provide you with instructions. Besides we will be glad to help you set operation of MSE on multiple domains, please contact us if you are interested in this (imac[ at ]cs-cart.com).

[/quote]

Hello Ilya,

Sounds good. I sent an email a few minutes ago.

When you import the ptoducts are not available vendor and product_url (for catalog mode) field.

Hi

I setting up my MV edition now and launching it soon but I am curious to know how the payment system works in Multi Store edition. Has it got 'Paypal Adaptive payments' module integrated into it? If not, how the payments are handled - is it just like what MV edition currently offers where all payments first go to the store owner and the store can release them later to the vendor?

Please clarify on these points.

Thx

[quote name=‘shareef790’ timestamp=‘1319027617’ post=‘124044’]

Hi

I setting up my MV edition now and launching it soon but I am curious to know how the payment system works in Multi Store edition. Has it got ‘Paypal Adaptive payments’ module integrated into it? If not, how the payments are handled - is it just like what MV edition currently offers where all payments first go to the store owner and the store can release them later to the vendor?

Thx

[/quote]

I want to ask the same question too… If possible, I want it has custom/local bank as a payment method. It will make me receive a payment from local customers with ease… :)

[quote name='shareef790' timestamp='1319027617' post='124044']

Hi

I setting up my MV edition now and launching it soon but I am curious to know how the payment system works in Multi Store edition. Has it got 'Paypal Adaptive payments' module integrated into it? If not, how the payments are handled - is it just like what MV edition currently offers where all payments first go to the store owner and the store can release them later to the vendor?

Thx

[/quote]

Hi shareef790,

Multi-Store allows you to set different payment methods for each store. But as you know, the MSE edition does not allow to set storefronts for vendors. All storefronts are owned by one person, even though he/she can create restricted admins.

The point is that Multi-Store is just an extended version of the Professional edition, and not of Multi-Vendor.

After the Multi-Store edition is released, we will start to develop a Multi-Store edition with multiple vendors and we are planning to integrate in it some functionality to handle payments automatically.

[quote name='alek-ua' timestamp='1318953656' post='123954']

When you import the ptoducts are not available vendor and product_url (for catalog mode) field.

[/quote]

Dear alek-ua,

Could you clarify the problem? Or send me a private message with a description in Russian.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1319113799' post='124123']

Hi shareef790,

Multi-Store allows you to set different payment methods for each store. But as you know, the MSE edition does not allow to set storefronts for vendors. All storefronts are owned by one person, even though he/she can create restricted admins.

The point is that Multi-Store is just an extended version of the Professional edition, and not of Multi-Vendor.

After the Multi-Store edition is released, we will start to develop a Multi-Store edition with multiple vendors and we are planning to integrate in it some functionality to handle payments automatically.

[/quote]

How is the license fee for Imp. B? Is that same as Imp. A where each store cost $200?

Well u probably won't tell us now since u haven't start develop it.

I hope u can clarify how u charge the license.

[quote name='Lantan' timestamp='1316119032' post='121743']

At this moment, I can let you know that it will cost about $600 for a CS-Cart Multi-Store installation with up to 3 storefronts. Each additional storefront license (not a separate Multi-Store license for creating another set of storefronts) will cost about $200. In other words, if you launch a multi-store with 4 storefronts (about $800), you will save $200 comparing with purchasing 4 CS-Cart Professional licenses ($295 + $235 * 3 = $1000).

[/quote]

Will each store license after the initial 3 storefronts have to be renewed “Prolongate” each year or will there be a single renewal “Prolongate” option for the primary Multi-Store license? Considering that an additional license has to be purchased for each store after the initial 3 storefronts, if a yearly renewal “Prolongate” is required for each store, then the attractiveness of Multi-Store is seriously waning.

[quote name='Alouty' timestamp='1319162184' post='124183']

How is the license fee for Imp. B? Is that same as Imp. A where each store cost $200?

Well u probably won't tell us now since u haven't start develop it.

I hope u can clarify how u charge the license.

[/quote]

Dear Alouty,

Unfortunately I can not say any details concerning license fee for Imp B at the moment. But the main principle is supposed to be the same as for Imp A.