CS-Cart in Folder

I have cs-cart installed in a folder (cscart) but I want customers to access it as if it were installed in the root. I also don't want a user to be able to enter www.domain.com/cscart and still access the site. I have tried various rewrite rules in the .htaccess file in the root with limited success. For example, when a user signs in they are directed to the secure site, but then when finished authenticating it sends them to www.domain.com/cscart. I have set the config.local file as if it were installed in the root of the website, so I don't know why it would be redirecting to a cscart folder.

This is the .htaccess file in the root that I am currently using (I also have a blog folder that must be accessed as is):

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/blog/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/cscart/

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ cscart/$1 [L]

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would assume that this is a fairly common setup as it lets new versions of cscart be installed in parallel with older ones, so that you can just change the rewrite rule to move to the new one when the time comes.

Not sure it's that common to be honest I would think most people would use subdomains. That's the way I run beta versions.

It doesn't work on this way with CS-Cart. The path is configured in the config.local.php file. If you installed the cart in a “cscart subfolder” then you can have just two choices:

1. cscart.domainname.xx (as a subdomain installation) or
  2. domainname.xx/cscart (as a subfolder installation)

Just move your installation from /cscart into the root and save yourself the headache.

Is there anything in the root of the site, such as another site? If not, could domain forwarding or some form of forwarding to the /folder solve that?