CS-Cart doesn't work well in Australia/NZ?

IF You have a highly configurable store then you WILL require additional assistance from CS-Cart for their expertise.

There has been in the past a case of CS-Cart stating that “bugs/incorrect logic” were treated as “working as designed” however it would seem at this time that things are changing.

My understanding with regards to the ordering process can be changed to whatever you require, it’s rather flexible in how it is configured. (depending on your skill level) You will notice that CS-Cart are rewriting how the checkout works to ensure a better experience for all.

I have developed no less than approximately 50 carts within Australia via design agencies etc etc. If you are looking for an agency to use as an example: www.swim.com.au

I believe the forum poster has their own opinion as much as I have mine :slight_smile:

Try this too:

www.sharedmemories.com.au

[quote name=‘customfx’]Try this too:

www.sharedmemories.com.au[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Navy”]…I have developed no less than approximately 50 carts within Australia via design agencies etc etc. If you are looking for an agency to use as an example: www.swim.com.au[/COLOR]

You guys are pretty brave to put thse links on the forum. If this is the best you can achieve using the product, I have to say it looks pretty average? and some bits in the cart don’t even display on screen correctly let alone the order mangement which is below average. I read that is getting fixed.

Have a look at justfitness.com.au site to see what I mean.

Are there other cs-cart developers around in australia with some quality sites or is the best sample from swim.com.au?.

I tend to agree with the comments on whirlpool forum.

[quote name=‘levi’][COLOR=Navy]…I have developed no less than approximately 50 carts within Australia via design agencies etc etc. If you are looking for an agency to use as an example: www.swim.com.au[/COLOR]

You guys are pretty brave to put thse links on the forum. If this is the best you can achieve using the product, I have to say it looks pretty average? and some bits in the cart don’t even display on screen correctly let alone the order mangement which is below average. I read that is getting fixed.

Have a look at justfitness.com.au site to see what I mean.

Are there other cs-cart developers around in australia with some quality sites or is the best sample from swim.com.au?.

I tend to agree with the comments on whirlpool forum.[/quote]

Well, I’m not affiliated with Swim as I am a eCommerce consultant and contractor. While I have co-developed many carts with swim (developed as a consultant), the designs are not my work nor did I have direct ears to their clients. I left prior to 2.0 so anything after that doesn’t belong in my portfolio.

The carts that I am working on at this very moment are all in redesigning phase, suffice to say I agree with your design quotations mentioned prior. If you are looking for “examples” check twoinaroom studios which are Sydney based. ([url]http://www.twoinaroomstudios.com.au/[/url])

Hi

I agree I am not overwhelmed by Swim’s site but it all depends on the Clients brief.

Have a look at Justfit.com.au the category Image off to the right is a html error caused by bad code from the user not CS-Cart. I know I have created the same problem on my store, and fixed it also :slight_smile: Also they do not display the GST, which CS-Cart does do when turned on/ configured. I don’t know what that guy on Whirlpool was going on about. CS-Cart has always supported GST.

[QUOTE]From Whirlpool If you are wanting to sell in Aust and NZ then you will have to go for a base price on everything and then add gst instead of displaying a gst included price…oh, if you want to fix that then that will cost you.

[/QUOTE] This is so wrong it is funny! I have been using CS-Cart after dropping a heavily modified X-Cart for over three years including the 1.x version and it has always supported GST.

sharedmemories.com.au site is slow, but ping the address and you will see it take 226 milli seconds to respond which means they are hosted in the US. Sites servicing the Australian NZ markets IMO should not be hosted in the US for this very reason.

My site is a very simple standard skin from CS-Cart, but I no longer sell to the Public it is purely a B2B site.

Anyway just my 2 cents worth. :wink:

[quote name=‘vivophone’]Have a look at Justfit.com.au the category Image off to the right is a html error caused by bad code from the user not CS-Cart. I know I have created the same problem on my store, and fixed it also :slight_smile: Also they do not display the GST, which CS-Cart does do when turned on/ configured. I don’t know what that guy on Whirlpool was going on about. CS-Cart has always supported GST.

[/QUOTE]

CS-Cart comes with many different skins and if people are going to make changes to the skins and the design, I don’t think CS-Cart can take the blame if anything goes wrong.

I have been using Version 1.3.5 in Australia for around 18 months and am more than happy with it. The options available rival much more expensive shopping carts, the GST is catered for and works fine and also the Australia Post shipping calculations work well, so I am not sure what the person on the Whirlpool forum is on about.

I have also helped set up a Version 2 site for a friend and I think that is working perfectly well as regards postage and GST also (I haven’t had anything to do with adding the products or any of the sales but he has said it is all working well).

One thing I do recommend is that, if you are in Australia, you go for Australian hosting.

Sure, if you want modifications made to the workings of the cart, you will need to pay for them but I have found CS-Cart to be more than reasonable with their pricing for the couple of changes I have had them make and really it works perfectly well “out of the box”.

I have tried a couple of carts over the time and certainly recommend CS-Cart for Australian sites.