Cs-Cart Crashes When Adding Many Options Variants

Hi, All -

I’m experiencing a problem adding numerous option variants to a given option in a given item. Here are the symptoms:

1. I create a new local option (not global, though I haven’t tested that yet) for an item.
  2. I start adding option variants to it, saving after every 10 or so.
  3. I experience no problem at first, but once I reach a certain point in the number of variants (70, for example), when I try to save changes, instead of saving the changes and returning me to the item’s options page, CS-Cart whisks me off to the admin home page (and more oddly, with the main menu missing). When I attempt to edit the item’s option’s variants again, none of the new ones are saved.

I’ve experienced this on more than one item. This is preventing me from configuring my items the way I want (disregarding the relative wisdom of adding that many option variants to a given option).

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks ahead of time!

Scott

Might check your error_log file to see if you were running out of memory.

We are almost sure that the issue is caused by the low values of the max_input_vars and max_post_size server settings. Please try to increase them

[size=4][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Thanks so much, guys. You were right on. I updated my max_input_vars from 1000 to 10000 and [color=#333333]memory_limit from 512M to 1024MB for good measure, restarted Apache, and all appears to be working.[/color][/font][/size]

[color=#333333]So great to have a community of generous developers to work with![/color]

We are glad to hear that the problem is solved!