CS-Cart.com and Customer Help Desk will be closed for maintenance

[quote]

Actually, it costs $49.50 per year if you prolong your subscription within 1 month upon termination. If you do it later (say, in 6 months), then, yes, it will cost you $89.50, because you will get the upgrades for the past period (that 6 months) and one year since the prolongation date.

[/quote]

But actually there is no notification that the license is expiring or has expired until you release a new upgrade. So if my license expires today for upgrades and you don’t release another upgrade for 45 days, there’s no way for me to know that I missed the 30 day window.

I’d suggest that you make the $49.50 price be for 30 days after the upgrade following expiration. That way, when an upgrade is released, a customer has 30 days to renew and get that upgrade.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]But actually there is no notification that the license is expiring or has expired until you release a new upgrade. So if my license expires today for upgrades and you don’t release another upgrade for 45 days, there’s no way for me to know that I missed the 30 day window.

I’d suggest that you make the $49.50 price be for 30 days after the upgrade following expiration. That way, when an upgrade is released, a customer has 30 days to renew and get that upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Yes, our Help Desk does not currently send notifications about expiring upgrade subscription similar to the ones we all get for expiring domain registrations. We will add this type of notification soon.

And thank you for suggesting an alternative way of counting the end date of upgrade subscriptions. We will consider it.

[quote name=‘Lantan’]

Even when our support team did not work on weekends (now they do), we did not suspend paid support periods, because our clients had the ability to submit new tickets during this period and our support team responded to them all (but on Monday).[/QUOTE]

What is the point of ability to submit ticket if it is not going to be responded?

I think 70$ for 30 days great support is a good deal. However to be 100% fair time line should be clearly marked as a business days. During offline service and public holidays support time should be suspended as far as I understand.

Darius,

[quote name=‘Darius’]What is the point of ability to submit ticket if it is not going to be responded?

[/QUOTE]

Well, you may know that we guarantee a reply within 24 hours. If you submit a ticket , say, at 10PM (at our local time, when our support team’s working day is over) on Wednesday, you will get a reply on Thursday. You will get the same delay if you submit your ticket on Sunday that is considered to be a day off (to be more precise, it WAS a day off, because as I told earlier you, our support team currently works 7 days a week). Why should not Sunday be counted if you get the same delay as on Wednesday?

[quote name=‘Darius’]

I think 70$ for 30 days great support is a good deal. However to be 100% fair time line should be clearly marked as a business days. During offline service and public holidays support time should be suspended as far as I understand.[/QUOTE]

Probably, but taking into account the fact that you have the opportunity to ask 5 or 500 questions at the same price during a support month, it is more fair for us to offer only support credits (each question has its price).

Thank you.

[quote name=‘Lantan’]Darius,

Well, you may know that we guarantee a reply within 24 hours. If you submit a ticket , say, at 10PM (at our local time, when our support team’s working day is over) on Wednesday, you will get a reply on Thursday. You will get the same delay if you submit your ticket on Sunday that is considered to be a day off (to be more precise, it WAS a day off, because as I told earlier you, our support team currently works 7 days a week). Why should not Sunday be counted if you get the same delay as on Wednesday?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I will agree that we do seem to get replies faster as you have mentioned over the weekend. I will disagree that we receive answers or solutions over the weekend. My guess is you provide “1st level support” and that is it? Pure guess.

While I usually buy credits, I would have to agree that 30 days should be business days as there does seem to be delays over the weekends.

Hello James,

[quote name=‘clips’]I will agree that we do seem to get replies faster as you have mentioned over the weekend. I will disagree that we receive answers or solutions over the weekend.

[/QUOTE]

Now you should receive answers also on weekends. Our support team started working 7 days a week only several weeks ago. They have worked 6 days a week since autumn 2010.

We dislike delays just as much as everyone else and appreciate your patience when you have to wait for our answer.

[quote name=‘clips’]

My guess is you provide “1st level support” and that is it? Pure guess.

[/QUOTE]

Most problems, of course, are resolved at the 1st level. The software bugs are fixed by the original developers (our Architects team), it is the 3rd level…

Thank you.