Cs-Cart As Tickets & Cards Online Shopping Platform For B2B

Hi Community,

A friend of mine is planning to start a B2B online-store solution that sells different types of Internet Cards like iTunes Credit, App Store Cards, Google Play, Netflix, in addition to prepaid local mobile recharge vouchers. The required solution shall serve a single wholesaler who sells to multiple local dealers/merchants (no individuals).

Local Dealers should be able to login to the store and browse different types of cards. Then, they will be able to purchase with multiple options and different quantities.

Store Is Closed except for dealers with pre-registered Accounts.

Dealers shall be able to buy Cards based on Account Credit Balance. Balance can be added to the merchant account manually (by the wholesaler), by Credit Card payment, or by Coupouns issued by the Wholesaler.

I would like to ask;

1. Are there any live stores with similar funcationlity based on CS-Cart/MV.
  2. Is CS-Cart can be configured to provide such a solution out-of-the-box.?
  3. What is the complexity scale of altering the current built-in features of CS-Cart to meet the above requirements (Simple - Med - Complex).
  4. Do you recommend going with differnet solution for these specific needs?

Regards,

Alaa

Not that I'm aware of specifically. Not clear why this is required to be an MVE store? You only have one provider and multiple consumers. If you have multiple providers but the items are administered by the merchant, then also no MVE is needed. But MVE will give any multiple providers the ability to manage their customers (adding funds to their "account").

Are you planning to use the Reward points for purchase or gift certificates (both can undergo name changes to be more reflective of your needs). Given GC's work more like debit cards, I'd think that would be the best thing to use and the admin can add value to an existing GC if customer wants to add funds. But reward points give greater visibility of remaining balances for the customers.

You'll need some customized addons to give you some reporting and other more focused admin actitons. But shouldn't be too great.

Why are you wanting them to pre-purchase with funds rather than just change them at time of purchase?

Thanks for the reply.

Not that I'm aware of specifically. Not clear why this is required to be an MVE store? You only have one provider and multiple consumers. If you have multiple providers but the items are administered by the merchant, then also no MVE is needed. But MVE will give any multiple providers the ability to manage their customers (adding funds to their "account").

Are you planning to use the Reward points for purchase or gift certificates (both can undergo name changes to be more reflective of your needs). Given GC's work more like debit cards, I'd think that would be the best thing to use and the admin can add value to an existing GC if customer wants to add funds. But reward points give greater visibility of remaining balances for the customers.

You'll need some customized addons to give you some reporting and other more focused admin actitons. But shouldn't be too great.

Yes, correct. CS-Cart for such implementation is quite enough. MVE is not needed. However, we would be looking for future expanstion where we would invite other vendors to showcase their Cards (digital downloadable products).

I will see how GC's will work in such a case. However, I have a concern about the secret numbers of the Cards. How these would be stored and manipulated by CS-Cart. Secret Numbers shouldn't be exposed to all site managers. Once the Card has been entered by a specific person, the Secret Code cannot be viewed anymore except for the one who will purchase it. I believe some work need to be done on this.

Why are you wanting them to pre-purchase with funds rather than just change them at time of purchase?

As per their specific needs, some purchases, for urgency, could be made by phone. The group of dealers are conneced via leased voice connection. A dealer would request a fund on his account to be able to purchase Cards. Payment can be made manually later.