Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.3.3 Released With Upgrade Center Improvements

[quote name=‘demeldoo’ timestamp=‘1435867167’ post=‘221416’]

interesting ;)

[/quote]

Have a look at Features - ServerPilot it uses nginx and apache have only set up a test site so far but looks to work pretty well and they handle the server updates with apache and nginx optimised for speed already.

[quote name='MrGrant' timestamp='1436168455' post='221695']

Have a look at https://serverpilot…s-overview.html it uses nginx and apache have only set up a test site so far but looks to work pretty well and they handle the server updates with apache and nginx optimised for speed already.

[/quote]

It's not bad, you can use it for free if you ssh in and do your own ssl configuration

Yes it's a pretty good deal.

I went for this because I wanted a VPS for the new site but don't have any server admin skills and hosts in New Zealand charge around USD$70/m for VPS server admin to do OS patches and upgrades etc. Serverpilot handles all that for me so even if I go for their paid plans I'm still saving.

Did still have to learn some basic Ubuntu commands and setup but once that's all done it's no more work to maintain than shared hosting.

Trying to upgrade to 4.3.3 but it gives the bellow error:

-----------

Validation issue

Validator “Restore” returned fail status

Unable to prepare restore.php file. File “var/upgrade/restore.php” was locally modified/renamed/removed. Restore the original restore.php file before the upgrade.

----------------------

We haven't change the file but still it gives the error

Your opinions please…

We want to upgrade from our 4.1.3 to a 4.3.X version. But as we have some custom code & custom theme, I want to make sure that we are spending our migration time & outside consultancy-costs wisely.

Question: do you think 4.3.3 is a stable enough version to move to (with outside expert-help of course)? Or should we wait until 4.3.4 version is released (sometime in August)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

[quote name='Olof' timestamp='1436195499' post='221794']

Your opinions please…

We want to upgrade from our 4.1.3 to a 4.3.X version. But as we have some custom code & custom theme, I want to make sure that we are spending our migration time & outside consultancy-costs wisely.

Question: do you think 4.3.3 is a stable enough version to move to (with outside expert-help of course)? Or should we wait until 4.3.4 version is released (sometime in August)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

[/quote]

Has any version been stable? LOL

Can you trial Digitalocean server its good for speed. But configure server is yours.

i test webmin control panel its good.

[quote name='crazyshark20' timestamp='1436197367' post='221799']

Can you trial Digitalocean server its good for speed. But configure server is yours.

i test webmin control panel its good.

[/quote]

+1 for DigitalOcean. Most of CS-Cart architects use it.

But this requires some background in nix systems and LAMP configuration.

Any update or notes of what will be in 4.3.4? In process of getting my site redesigned and updated to 4.3.3, so need to decide if I need to put that on hold for a week or so. Thanks

[quote name='parodius420' timestamp='1436335908' post='221994']

Any update or notes of what will be in 4.3.4? In process of getting my site redesigned and updated to 4.3.3, so need to decide if I need to put that on hold for a week or so. Thanks

[/quote]

2 small features are planned (not 100% yet)

1. Ability to set position for items in Blocks with Categories/Pages/Products with manual filings
  2. Ability to bind payments to shipping methods

Also improvements in Upgrade Center and Bug Fixes.

imac, do you plan to extend the blog functionality of CS-Cart? What has been implemented in 4.3x is very basic compared to some of the paid blog addons available.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1436360649' post='222065']

imac, do you plan to extend the blog functionality of CS-Cart? What has been implemented in 4.3x is very basic compared to some of the paid blog addons available.

[/quote]

No such plans at the moment.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1436365912' post='222073']

No such plans at the moment.

[/quote]

Can you add “Blog Categories”? It is the basic for any blog.

[quote name=‘Darius’ timestamp=‘1435665576’ post=‘221048’]

Upgrading is getting too complicated and too often. How can anyone keep up even if you got one or few third party addons… I really hope to see one stable release one day… Release with non working paypal payment method should not even be used on livestores…

[/quote]I made the same mention in an earlier post. Someone said they had a dream too ;). It’s funny though, they seem to be still having issues. :mrgreen:

[quote name='ghostrider' timestamp='1436397770' post='222152']

Can you add “Blog Categories”? It is the basic for any blog.

[/quote]

What do you mean?

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1436532486' post='222425']

What do you mean?

[/quote]

“Categories” of blog posts.

[quote name='ghostrider' timestamp='1436781873' post='222673']

“Categories” of blog posts.

[/quote]

Use Parent page parameter - this work exactly the same way as category.

When 4.3.4 arrives will the aspect that sends our renamed admin.php to your servers be removed ( at last ) ?

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1436955036' post='223019']

When 4.3.4 arrives will the aspect that sends our renamed admin.php to your servers be removed ( at last ) ?

[/quote]

1. How Come Our Admin Names Are Still Being Sent To Cs-Cart ? - Page 2 - Security - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 2
  2. How Come Our Admin Names Are Still Being Sent To Cs-Cart ? - Page 2 - Security - CS-Cart Community Forums - Page 2

Do you need another one confirmation?

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1437047130' post='223200']

1. http://forum.cs-cart…post__p__219916
  2. http://forum.cs-cart…post__p__220034

Do you need another one confirmation?

[/quote]

hello,

will the store import be back in 4.3.4?

and will it be realeed next week as planned?

what about this issue with update to 4.3.2. in the config file which caused unavailble storefront?