Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.14.1 Released

for cs-cart v5, laravel framework good idea, we are wait vue or react for frontend.

for cs-cart v5, laravel framework good idea, we are wait vue or react for frontend.

Like the mentioned, its API driven, so even if they choose one of those, you can still easily create your own frontend from scratch without too much of a hassle.

Laravel is a good choice. I hope that the communication with backend will be based on graphql.

So the plan is to release it in the second half of 2022. It means that it will be production ready by the end of 2022 or beginning 2023 (marketplace developers will need to adapt the addons, some time will be needed to fix the bugs and get the stable release). That's why @ikoshkin it's important to get the speed improvements on mobile even before cs-cart v5. Please share the list of possible speed improvements. Waiting 1 year to be able to rank faster and achieving better seo results is a little bit too long.

Since doing this upgrade, NONE of my options work. The moment a user clicks on one, everything locks up.

I created a help ticket but looks like support is not going to be around much until Jan 9th! Sigh...

CS-Cart 5 isn't an ordinary CS-Cart update. We're building it from the ground up, with different technologies. For example, it uses Laravel for the back end, will support PostgreSQL from the start, and will use GraphQL API for interactions with the front end. This will remove the constraints imposed by legacy code, and make CS-Cart 5 easier to work with for more developers.

These big changes mean that we had to sacrifice backward compatibility with CS-Cart 4. Any existing add-ons, themes, and integrations (both ours and third-party) will have to be recreated for the new architecture. That work could take a long while, and we'd rather not have it delay the release of CS-Cart 5.

For the reasons above CS-Cart 5 will not appear in the CS-Cart 4 Upgrade Center once it releases. We realized that the audiences of both CS-Carts are widely different, to the point that they became separate products, with their own development teams. Both of them will be receiving updates in parallel.

CS-Cart 5 will be better suited for enterprises—larger businesses who employ in-house or third-party developers. The focal points of CS-Cart 5 will be:

"Mobile first" approach to design.
"API first" approach to architecture.
Performance and scalability.
Ease of development.

CS-Cart 4 will remain a better choice for those who want to start their online store or marketplace quickly, and with as little coding as possible. This is due to the hundreds of built-in features, and many more available from the CS-Cart Marketplace.

We are planning to release CS-Cart 5 in the second half of 2022 and keep enhancing it step by step. This will not affect the development of CS-Cart 4 in any way—it will keep receiving updates just as usual.

@Ikoshkin, does that mean that the license cost will be different and it will be a separate license? My upgrade licenses expire soon and I'm wondering if I should renew them or just wait to buy a new license?

Will the price of the cs-cart v5 be similar or much higher?

Are you going to release migration tool to migrate from v4 to v5?

Hi,

The topic has gone way off course with the discussion of CS-Cart 5, so I'll have to lock it. But before I do that, I'll add one last bit of info.

We originally included the part about CS-Cart 5 in our "End of 2021 and Plans for 2022" video. The idea was to provide more info about CS-Cart 5, and only make the promises we'll (do our best to) keep. So we tried to pick the things that are set in stone.

There were no plans for a more detailed preview. However, the video created some confusion than help. There were speculations that CS-Cart 5 would replace CS-Cart 4 immediately as it rolls out, and that all add-ons need to be updated for the new version urgently.

That's why we removed the part about CS-Cart 5 from the video, and instead prepared a separate blog article about CS-Cart 5. It contains all the information we're ready to share so far (and how to find out more). The closer it is to CS-Cart 5 release, the more information we'll be able to share. In fact, if it weren't for this topic, we might have postponed even this announcement until a later date ;-)

P.S. Jacek, all I can share on CS-Cart 5 is in the blog article linked above. It probably won't be enough to make a fully-informed decision yet. However, I can share some plans about CS-Cart 4 and its updates. Quite a few issues with product bundles are going to be addressed in 4.14.2 and 4.14.3. The interface and performance improvements are also in the works. The idea is to get as much of it as possible into 4.14.2. But failing that (4.14.2 is scheduled for release rather soon), they should make it into 4.14.3.