Cs-Cart Addon Help

Hey everyone!

I'm in a bit of pickle and could really use some help. Details below:

I was hired on to work on a PHP app named "CS-Cart." I had personally never heard of the app before and was concerned, but the client told me that the scope of my work was all front-end work.

I look the app over and noted that it's much like WordPress and has a plugin-type set up with a block builder system. I had already had some experience with Moodle (which has a block builder system) so I thought, no worries. There were plenty of ways to add CSS and js from the admin area.

A few weeks into the work they needed me to build a new slider system for them. Turns out that in order to do this right I need to implement a whole new addon (plugin). The system already has an addon for banners (sliders) and allows devs to extend other addons with their own code. Again, therefore, I thought, no need to panic.

After getting into the backend of this thing, there are things I get and things I don't get. Much of what I don't understand has to do with the database and the way everything fits together. I'm worried that If I go poking around too much I'll mess something up that I don't know enough to fix.

The app is proprietary and I don't have access to be able to post in their support forums. What I need is not quite there either. Therefore, I've come here, hoping this sub is big enough that someone has worked on this app before.

If there is anyone here with CS-Cart experience, please help me understand how to add a new type of banner. I mean really get down to the step-by-step level with me. If not, then maybe someone can make more of CS-Cart's docs than I can and tell me how to move forward.

Note: I have followed the tutorials and have installed a basic add-on. But, it's worth remembering that the provided tutorials in the docs don't show how to extend another addon, to say nothing of patching into an addon feature set that needs to upload files and be configured by end-users like banners.

Any help would mean the world to me. Thanks.

At first you should extend the following schema in your addon

app/addons/banners/schemas/block_manager/blocks.post.php

to add new template for banners (see the "templates" element)

Then add new template to required directory (design/themes/responsive/templates/addons/YOUR_ADDON/PATH_TO_TEMPLATE) and include required scripts for new slider there

At first you should extend the following schema in your addon

app/addons/banners/schemas/block_manager/blocks.post.php

to add new template for banners (see the "templates" element)

Then add new template to required directory (design/themes/responsive/templates/addons/YOUR_ADDON/PATH_TO_TEMPLATE) and include required scripts for new slider there

Thanks for the quick response. I will check them out.