CS-Cart 4 Final Released

[quote name='shoppingmantra' timestamp='1372416941' post='164516']

No drop down found to select PDO. It is not showing any drop down like shown in image. Also created support yesterday ticket but no solution till now.

[/quote]

There is “Advanced” link, under the DB credentials. click to expand the section.

[quote name='ehenderichs' timestamp='1372406780' post='164496']

Would also like to know the answer to this question!

The my_changes is installed, activated and copied the my_changes directory from my 3.0.6 store to version 4. Divided the CSS from the Hooks and altered the styles.post.tpl. All seems inline with current addon structure.

styles.post.tpl:

{style src="addons/my_changes/styles.css"}
{style src="addons/my_changes/dropdown.css"}

But no my_changes are visible. Please advise.

[/quote]

Please, make sure your 'styles.post.tpl' and css files are located in correct directories.

The 'styles.post.tpl' should be located in the directory:

design/themes/[theme_path]/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index/

CSS files, to be included from the hook, should be in the directory:

design/themes/[theme_path]/css/addons/my_changes/

Also note please, that in CS-Cart 4.0.1 all included css files are combined to one file. It is named like 'standalone.[HASH].css'.

So you will not see the separate including of 'my_changes/styles.css' file. But you should check the 'standalone.[HASH].css' file for the new styles. Also you may have to clear your store cache and your browser cache to see changes in the css.

[quote name='lori' timestamp='1372423697' post='164530']

Please, make sure your 'styles.post.tpl' and css files are located in correct directories.

Also note please, that in CS-Cart 4.0.1 all included css files are combined to one file. It is named like 'standalone.[HASH].css'.

So you will not see the separate including of 'my_changes/styles.css' file. But you should check the 'standalone.[HASH].css' file for the new styles. Also you may have to clear your store cache and your browser cache to see changes in the css.

[/quote]

Check of the standalone,[HAH].css revealed that the my_changes .css file is included. It is also clear why none of my images are found and loaded.

In my_changes styles.css:

.class {
background: url(images/filename.png);
}

In standalone,[HAH].css this is converted to:

.class {
background: url('../../../../../../../../design/themes/basic/media/images/filename.png');
}

Does this mean all my_changes images should be located in “[color=#000000]design/themes/basic/media/images”? [/color]

[quote name='ehenderichs' timestamp='1372425339' post='164533']

Check of the standalone,[HAH].css revealed that the my_changes .css file is included. It is also clear why none of my images are found and loaded.

In my_changes styles.css:

.class {
background: url(images/filename.png);
}

In standalone,[HAH].css this is converted to:

.class {
background: url('../../../../../../../../design/themes/basic/media/images/filename.png');
}

Does this mean all my_changes images should be located in “[color=#000000]design/themes/basic/media/images”? [/color]

[/quote]

Yes, but if you do not want to mess them with other files you can put them separately to the addon path:

design/themes/basic/media/images/addons/my_changes/

And change the path in your css.

Dear all, there is a good article at CS-Cart knowledge base regarding “Full- and Custom-Width Layouting with 960.gs”, can any one let me know how to achieve this in CS-Cart Version 4.0.1, any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Note: I tried to apply the guide to the file that reside at www.example.com/store/design/backend/css/lib/960/960.css but in vain

Really not fixed (but market as fixed bug in request pull) very important feature of files upload by file manager in editors: files selected, but result is [color=#ff0000]Select at least one file to upload[/color]

[quote name='lori' timestamp='1372426899' post='164534']

Yes, but if you do not want to mess them with other files you can put them separately to the addon path:

design/themes/basic/media/images/addons/my_changes/

And change the path in your css.

[/quote]

Thx, that got me started but pretty quickly I ran in some other issues.

For the e.g. header, main and footer I used custom images and these were set in the my_changes stylesheet. I noticed the names of some classes have changed. I altered the my_changes stylesheet to match the new classnames, however the are overruled.

How can I force the store to use the classes defined in the my_changes addon?

[/quote]

Is there anywhere any documentation where i could find the complete procedure to use the My_changes addon in CSC4?

[quote name='cscartlearner' timestamp='1372428033' post='164536']

Dear all, there is a good article at CS-Cart knowledge base regarding “Full- and Custom-Width Layouting with 960.gs”, can any one let me know how to achieve this in CS-Cart Version 4.0.1, any help is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Note: I tried to apply the guide to the file that reside at www.example.com/store/design/backend/css/lib/960/960.css but in vain

[/quote]

I've tried this also, but with no luck. I'm just not a big fan of that narrow screen. Successful websites like amazon use every inch of the screen with as much info as possible spread out to capture your attention from top to bottom, left to right. If anyone knows how to get 4.0x to full screen, can you post instructions? Thanks!

[quote name='NairdaCart' timestamp='1372318873' post='164416']

There are lots of people like me who need the new features in V4 to start our businesses. Surely it's much better to give us something that is useable so we can get on rather than having to wait for features that we don't need?

If you're already up and running with a V3 store then it's not going to hurt you to wait another month whereas it's a major issue for me.

[/quote]

Plus we can wait for you to buy it new, work out all the bugs and then those of us who don't “need” the upgrade will have a smoother path.

Hello, sorry to ask in here as well, some of my questions in other threads have been answered, however, I want to know if there's a list with features missing or about to be added in future versions. I can't seem to find newsletter anywhere in the online ultimate version.

Some missing features will be added in the coming v4 versions.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1372511154' post='164602']

Plus we can wait for you to buy it new, work out all the bugs and then those of us who don't “need” the upgrade will have a smoother path.

[/quote]Check !

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1372511154' post='164602']

[/quote]

Nice way to quote me totally out of context. I don't need to buy it as I already own V3…

Hey cscart team, you haven't replied my question

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] am using 3.0.5 Pro so can i able to upgrade to 4.x version at free of cost ?[/font][/color]

I want to be Stretched Style

Width from 960 Pixels to 1100 Pixels

How do I expand the style frame?

[/quote]

Would appreciate if someone can make this more clear, can you help and show how the path on the styles.post.tpl link within the page should look like? Novice here and been trying different things, but not working.

Help greatly appreciated. tks

Hello,

I have a trial 4.01. I edited the profile fields by adding a select box field to the billing address section. I had two values in the select box. I wanted to add a third, but after clicking edit, the only tab available is “Share”. Don't see the tab “variants”. Unable to modify/add variants.

Is there a way to edit profile fields after creating them?

Thanks,

Bob

As a loyal upgrader since 2.5+ I was really looking forward to this release and followed it's progress. Shocked to find out at the last minute there is no import tool for my 3.06 shop! I noticed the yearly upgrade fee just went up slightly from last year which I just renewed, yes we are still a revenue stream guys…Hopefully this becomes an immediate priority, I cannot imagine how it was not?

I am waiting for a 2.2.4 import tool, however, I am in no rush. From previous experience, I find its better to wait a little longer until any initial bugs are found and corrected.

By delaying the upgrade tool, its probably a way to do a controlled release of the new version.

Bob