Cs-Cart 4.3.1 Rc2 Released

[quote name='f.aureli@gmail.com' timestamp='1429730461' post='212414']

Where find the new products page?

http://blog.cs-cart…ew_template.png

[/quote]

In product details page, under Extra, then product details view

Settings/Appearance …Product detailed page view:

Tested demo, problem with 0% VAT in EU is still not fixed.

Why do you keep adding new features after beta starts. Get some discipline and freeze functionality when you make publicly available. This is why you always end up with quality issues. All bugs from prior versions should be fixed before beta and only bugs discovered after beta should be addressed in RC releases.

This is basic software development process.

Finally I've tested this version =))

During my test Ive tried to import my products with some new features and Ive discovered a huge problem (whether it is a limited functionlity in this version or it is a realy a problem).

1. I cannot import the list of my features (actually their variants) from my csv file.
  2. I cannot import features of my products (can import only products) - there is some kind of announcement appears in my admin-panel after the proccess of my products import (“Some kind of features is incorrect. Some features cannot be updated”). If it is neccessary I can attech the prohoto of this problems.

So, as far as you understand, I cannot generate some filter for the furthe testing =)) - http://ioboi.ioboi.com.ua/plitka/ - my demo page.

I`ll be waiting for your answer (if it is not a part of limited functionality of this version, of course).

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1429857440' post='212514']

Why do you keep adding new features after beta starts. Get some discipline and freeze functionality when you make publicly available. This is why you always end up with quality issues. All bugs from prior versions should be fixed before beta and only bugs discovered after beta should be addressed in RC releases.

This is basic software development process.

[/quote]

These not the new features. These were the featuers that we were testing in a separate GIT branch, and we finally merged them into the stable branch of CS-cart.

So in fact all these “new” features were finished some time ago, but our QA approved their merge to stable branch just before RC2.

So you've introduced new features to customer without any beta testing and put them in an RC? I rest my case.

Maybe I'm too old-school but when I managed large development projects, once you went to QA you didn't add new features. You didn't go to beta until you completed QA (fixed all bugs found during QA) and after QA, you only fixed defects found after QA.

This gives you a faster release cycle and it gives you a much narrower area of focus.

I'll go back in my box. Just my observations.

some people are asking for bug fixes…some for new features … some booth :P

we don’t have years to wait tbirnseth… everything is changing with lightspeed

Features need to be complete before QA or QA is pointless.

Whoaa… Nice… 2 Thumbs up…

Product page is a lot fatter that 4.2

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9468][sharedmedia=core:attachments:9469]

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1429902281' post='212587']

So you've introduced new features to customer without any beta testing and put them in an RC? I rest my case.

Maybe I'm too old-school but when I managed large development projects, once you went to QA you didn't add new features. You didn't go to beta until you completed QA (fixed all bugs found during QA) and after QA, you only fixed defects found after QA.

This gives you a faster release cycle and it gives you a much narrower area of focus.

I'll go back in my box. Just my observations.

[/quote]

Tony,

As I said these features has been testing for weeks/months already, but we did not merge them into release branch until QA approved that the feature is OK. We use the GIT flow approach What is GitLab Flow? | GitLab. This allows us to have a stable release branch at any time. So we can release a new version in case of emergency within one day!

Once again. the release (Beta & RC are compiled from our main release branch), but QA test the releases from other branches too (see feature branches in pink on the picture https://about.gitlab.com/images/git_flow/gitdashflow.png)

today comes out? final version?

waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting

i really exited to use FASTEST CSCART.4.3.1

Hi

Im my file area i have [color=#000000] [/color][color=#000000]CS-Cart 4.3.1, [/color][color=#000000]Is this final ?[/color]

[color=#000000]I am trying via - upgrade center and … [/color][color=#333333]No upgrades currently available[/color]

Thx.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1429630088' post='212247']

You can check rc2 on our server:

http://dedic.ecom-la…/v431/admin.php

http://dedic.ecom-la…/v431/index.php

[/quote]

как попробывать демо админки не входит!

Has this fancy new Product page been deprecated already.

Can't find any trace of it in 4.3.3

Is it because I am using Basic Satori ?

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1439189854' post='226175']

Has this fancy new Product page been deprecated already.

Can't find any trace of it in 4.3.3

Is it because I am using Basic Satori ?

[/quote]

That's right.

Also, as I mentioned before - I would not recommend you to use Basic. Sooner or later we will disable it and this mean that you will need to transfer it responsive - and this is time and money.

I trust you will give us proper warning this time and not

simply wipe it out and have us learn the hard way.

[quote name='termalert' timestamp='1439201147' post='226222']

I trust you will give us proper warning this time and not

simply wipe it out and have us learn the hard way.

[/quote]

I just did.

Go Responsive to Avoid Mobilegeddon | eCommerce Blog on Running an Online Marketplace - See the orange notice.

I just went Responsive. What a messy little piece of work that was.

Easy for some I guess.

How do I give all my products this nice new look.

Nothing under 'Settings'.

Do I have to select 'The big Picture' in every single listing one by one ?