Cs-Cart 4.2.1 Released: New Styles, E-Mail Marketing, And More

great job ;)

@akimovm - This is not the place to report defects. Suggest you use the bugtracker link at the top of the page to report bugs. Otherwise they will never be reviewed/fixed.

Thank you imac for the update, your work is appreciated

Glad to hear of the new release. I am using 4.1.4, will I need to upgrade to 4.1.5 first? If so, is that the general rule for upgrading?

Thanks.

fyi, the 4.2 is now available from Softaculous 8)

Still nothing in upgrade center. Has it not been released or is something wrong on my install?

@P-Pharma

you'll need to wait around 1 week to upgrade through upgrade center. #18 by imac

Thanks!

[quote name='novista' timestamp='1406092058' post='188026']

Glad to hear of the new release. I am using 4.1.4, will I need to upgrade to 4.1.5 first? If so, is that the general rule for upgrading?

Thanks.

[/quote]

I do have the same question. I do have few sites. the one with 4.1.5 it upgraded very good. but the one that it was 4.1.4 the upgrade it is not completing.

I do see the following upgrades downloaded.

upgrade_4.1.4_ultimate-4.1.5_ultimate.tgz

upgrade_4.1.5_ultimate-4.2.1_ultimate.tgz

Thank you.

Albert

I have 4 storefronts, one store front has SSL, the three other -not. How can I change this settings? There is a possibility to make changes only for all store.

Michael

I wanted to take a peek at 4.2.1 and since Labs will not log me in for whatever reason I did a clean install 4.2.1.

When trying to import my 4.1.5 install I get this:

[color=#ff0000]Import from this edition is not supported[/color]

This can't be done?

[quote name='Paul John' timestamp='1406447764' post='188270']

When trying to import my 4.1.5 install I get this:

[color=#ff0000]Import from this edition is not supported[/color]

This can't be done?

[/quote]

You should update through the Update center

I would have had it shown up yet.

I will wait.

The upgrade had shown up in our upgrade center but then disappeared and has not returned… Is there a delay…?

Also for all you developers out there… Is there going to be any issues upgrading from 4.1.X to 4.2 with your addons.?? Or just click and run with it…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1406469683' post='188279']

The upgrade had shown up in our upgrade center but then disappeared and has not returned… Is there a delay…?

Also for all you developers out there… Is there going to be any issues upgrading from 4.1.X to 4.2 with your addons.?? Or just click and run with it…

[/quote]

Most frontend related thrid party addons will need to be upgraded for the responsive template.

The majority of our addons do not use client-side templaes and therefore do not need to be upgraded. We have released versions of our addons already that include the responsive themes where they are needed (mailchimp, and co_summary_fields). Hence if you “upgrade” you should be fine. I can only speak for our addons.

Hi

I understand that you can't release the update to everyone at the same time, but 7 days latter and still nothing!

I thing your guys need to come up with a much better way of getting the updates to people, specially when we pay a lot for this updates and other companies to there updates to everyone more or else at the same time.

[quote name='albertpro' timestamp='1406303896' post='188213']

I do have the same question. I do have few sites. the one with 4.1.5 it upgraded very good. but the one that it was 4.1.4 the upgrade it is not completing.

I do see the following upgrades downloaded.

upgrade_4.1.4_ultimate-4.1.5_ultimate.tgz

upgrade_4.1.5_ultimate-4.2.1_ultimate.tgz

Thank you.

Albert

[/quote]

Same problem for me Albert… CS-Cart wants to charge me support credits to help figure out why their product won't update properly.

I believe they roll it out at a rate that they can support. I.e. they roll it to a few and watch the results. They sometimes pull it back and make changes to the upgrade process and then release it again.

I believe their support can only handle a certain amount of tickets before everyone starts getting the “we're too busy to respond right now”. response.

Why such impatience for a “dot 1” release that is certain to have defects not uncovered during internal (or release candidate) testing?

They could take a month as far as I'm concerned and my hope is that what I receive is useable and does not take me off the grid. I'd much rather they roll it out at a pace that compliments their ability to support it.

And they want to charge support credits until they can verify that the problem is a result of their code or their process. If the issue is from another 3rd party or the hosting environment, it's not their issue. If the issue is on their end, they are usually very good at crediting back the support credits. But you may have to ask for it.