CS-Cart 4.1.4 Released With Responsive Design

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Today, we’d like to present to you another minor release of our e-commerce software—CS-Cart 4.1.4 andMulti-Vendor 4.1.4.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]As a minor release, it brings mostly just fixes and improvements, but it also offers one big feature—responsive storefront theme. The responsive design is currently released in a beta phase for all the merchants to try; it is not yet recommended for production use, however.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Also, 4.1.4 is the first version to offer the first step to the integration with the recently announced CS-Cart Marketplace, where you can find add-ons and themes for your store. You can access CS-Cart Marketplace right from your admin panel:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]You can find the full list of changes in the new version on our site.[/size][/font][/color]

Good news, keep the good work.

responsive design! finally! :-o

thanks!

Edit: thanks for the answer Vall! :-) ↓

Great, great, great :D

Thanks!

Responsive Theme is “hidden” under Design > Themes [Available themes Tab], is not coming by default

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

Nice, keep the good changes coming :) can’t wait to experiment.

Great news! Will the next version 4.2 contain bug-free responsive design?

A great start for responsive storefront theme of CS-Cart!

Great!

Does the responsive design include microdata tags?

Looking forward to the responsive design

Great news!

Thank you CS-Cart

We were waiting a long time for this. So lets keep up with the competition

Fotis

[quote name=‘Vali’ timestamp=‘1398263349’ post=‘182194’]

Great, great, great :D

Thanks!

Responsive Theme is “hidden” under Design > Themes [Available themes Tab], is not coming by default

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

[/quote]

I’ve updated to 4.1.4 but the responsive theme doesn’t appear under the ‘Available Themes’ Tab??

I looked at the cs-cart demo of 1.1.4. I may be upgrading soon. I noticed that if a product has text field options and the customer enters information on multiple lines, then this shows in the cart. Does NOT show on the invoice. Not sure what an emailed invoice looks like.

Example:

Options:

[list]

[]test3: this is a multi row text box

[
]test2: This is another multi row text box in here four lines

[*]Text 1: this is a text box with no limits

[/list]

Test2 is on four lines when the order is submitted, but looks like the above in the invoice in admin. How does this get fixed so that it shows the way the customer wants it, on 4 lines. Test3 was three lines, but is one line on the invoice.

Thanks,

Bob

Why “invoicing” stuff was removed from roadmap? This is most weak area of the cart. If you make order status that creates invoice number you cannot change edit invoice number even for latest one created without editing DB.

How are the image sizes adjusted for the responsive design?

Just to confirm - No upgrade path as yet? I need to get datafeeds working asap…

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1398473418' post='182385']

Just to confirm - No upgrade path as yet? I need to get datafeeds working asap…

[/quote]

Upgrades are available now.

[quote name='Darius' timestamp='1398404867' post='182313']

Why “invoicing” stuff was removed from roadmap? This is most weak area of the cart. If you make order status that creates invoice number you cannot change edit invoice number even for latest one created without editing DB.

[/quote]

Darius,

We have removed this feature because we are not working on it at the moment and not going to start working on it in May.

But this does not mean that we are not going to implement this feature, we will implement it but we cannot provide any exact time-frame for it.

At the moment we pay much attention to the backward compatibility and stability of CS-Cart.

[quote name='NairdaCart' timestamp='1398409975' post='182319']

How are the image sizes adjusted for the responsive design?

[/quote]

Only banner images are affected. In responsive theme the banner width is set in percents, so it will adapt to the browser width.

All the other image sizes (products/detailed product/etc. images) are not affected.

Where can we see a demo of the storefront? I went to demo.cs-cart.com and it's not coming up as responsive on my iPhone 5S. I just get the full desktop site.