CS-Cart 3.0.6 Released

However in this case, I downloaded 3.0.6 on 2/14/2013 and I just downloaded it again and they both have the exact same file size of 45,989 KB.

Just tried downloading again this morning and now it seems correct. Maybe they saw this post and fixed my account over the weekend.

Now – the filesize I downloaded back in February was 49,842kb. Today's filesize is 49,849kb. Going to run a file compare to see what's different between the two.

I compared both versions and only two entries in the install data.sql file are different.

Greetings!

Sorry for a little off topic, any idea when 3.11 is out. I want to upgrade 1.35 shop to the latest V3 and thought might as well start with latest 3.11

The idea is to use a 3rd party cart2cart solution provider and I'm really hopping they will make this migration nice and easy.

Any other suggestions?

It will take some time for cs-cart 3.1 to become mature and stable enough. So if you want to upgrade to v3, you can do it now and then upgrade to 3.1.x at a later time.

Personally I would wait for 3.11. Yes, it will take some time to mature, but there are “rumours” saying an upgrade from 3.05 to 3.11 is going to be a lot of work - again.

When a new version has been launched cs-cart is usually pretty quick in releasing minor updates and bugfixes. So I'd start developing the new shop in 3.11 and go live with 3.14 or so.

Just hope the upgrade from 3.0.5 to 3.1.x will be as smooth as possible. :)

[quote name=‘cscartrocks’ timestamp=‘1364288866’ post=‘158707’]

Just hope the upgrade from 3.0.5 to 3.1.x will be as smooth as possible. :)

[/quote]

That would definitely be a relieve!

If the 2.2.X to 3.0.X upgrade is anything to go by, considering the folder structure changes, the 3.0.X to 3.1.X upgrade is going to be a pig. It's a big ask, but I hope CS-Cart have something in place for upgrading stores file/folder structure and not just the database.

No one knows what 3.1.x is. We're all guessing. All we know is that they were adding an API. It doesn't take a development team months to develop an API into a stable system so there must be many other changes coming our way (doubt they were driven by User Voice either).

So it's a normal cs-cart major release. Wait, be surprised and wait for 4-6 releases for it to become commercially stable/viable. And don't forget to keep your developer happy, you're going to need them if you've done any customization.

Given that any requests to helpdesk lately are met with the infamous “we'll get back to you” and then a week goes by and I enquirer again and am told things are “too intense for them to look at my issue”, I'm assuming they are in heavy test mode.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1364344048’ post=‘158774’]Wait, be surprised and wait for 4-6 releases for it to become commercially stable/viable.[/quote]

LMAO!!! If everyone did this then 3.0 would have been a complete waste of time for CSC. Instead, CSC made it a waste of time for everyone who did. :P

I'm becoming cynical in my old age… Forgive me…

[quote name=‘The Tool’ timestamp=‘1364347306’ post=‘158775’]

LMAO!!! If everyone did this then 3.0 would have been a complete waste of time for CSC. Instead, CSC made it a waste of time for everyone who did. :P

[/quote]

ya well … no ‘if’ about it …so far thats exactly what its been.

sorry to seem so negative but i’ve experienced nothing other than 3.X - 3.0.6 in less than one year, each version with issues…only to find that in a few short weeks i’ll have to start all over AND PAY FOR IT AGAIN !#$&)#)(%&)$(%& nice.

~B.