CS-Cart 3.0.3 Released

@tbirnseth , I now see how screwed you would be.

Definitely more details are needed. ie. would the system support 1 free licence and 1 pro licence on the same install?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1347043139' post='144525']

Regarding dropping of Pro.

While @kogi's description sounds simple from a customer perspective, the same is not true from an addon developer perspective.

There is a big difference between Pro and Ultimate and how things are controlled and managed.

There is no way for an addon developer (that I'm currently aware of) to identify how many stores are in an ultimate configuration (or to be aware of when that changes). Hence pricing either needs to reflect the worst case (highest number of stores) or we give away the farm for an ultimate configuration. When cs-cart provides facilities for an addon developer to manage the licensing of 1-N stores in an ultimate configuration, this might be doable. But right now, it seems like a crap-shoot.

Additionally, developing an addon to work correctly in an ultimate environment is a much different task/process than in Pro. So essentially, eliminating pro obsoletes any addons that may have been developed for that Edition which has been in place for 3+ years.

If you want to start changing the product offering, that should have been done at the major release point. I.e. when V3 was introduced. Given that it wasn't, a V4 should be launched that utilizes the new scheme leaving V3 defined as it was promoted and released as.

[/quote]

I agree.

@kogi You're right. From the developers writing addons for ulitmate is much more difficult.

Also licensing addons, it is more complicated because the cost must depend on the number of storefronts. I suggest you leave the division of CS-Cart Professional and Ultimate CS-Cart.

Robert

[quote name=‘BaDTaG’ timestamp=‘1347054413’ post=‘144539’]

okay i just updatet a test server and then my main store the skin still works great :-) plus my site sems faster thing ill test it on gtmetrix

[/quote]

Did anything else change? any addons?

Thanks

[quote name='BaDTaG' timestamp='1347054413' post='144539']okay i just updatet a test server and then my main store the skin still works great plus my site sems faster thing ill test it on gtmetrix[/quote]

How fast is the difference? I notice a pretty good slow down on pages with live shipping rates on 3.0.2 did that improve? Each checkout step takes at least 3-4 seconds right now on 3.0.2

Its now bin 5 days since this update was released and i'm still unable to upgrade have to be stuck with v3.0.2 witch is full of bugs…

Any idea when v3.0.3 well be available to upgrade!!!

I think there is a few of us still waiting for this to become available through the upgrade center…!

[quote name='projectmyst' timestamp='1347179439' post='144615']

Its now bin 5 days since this update was released and i'm still unable to upgrade have to be stuck with v3.0.2 witch is full of bugs…

Any idea when v3.0.3 well be available to upgrade!!!

[/quote]

[quote name='sellon' timestamp='1347181186' post='144617']

I think there is a few of us still waiting for this to become available through the upgrade center…!

[/quote]

Yep same boat here.

ditto

Same here. Still waiting

CS-Cart store notified me that it was available a couple of days ago, I finished backing up the database and customization and today… it's not available. I suspect the release has been suspended.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1347317332' post='144732']

CS-Cart store notified me that it was available a couple of days ago, I finished backing up the database and customization and today… it's not available. I suspect the release has been suspended.

[/quote]

Same here

Just got the upgrade notification for the 3.0.3 so I'm updating it right now…

i just upgrade from 3.0.2 to 3.0.3

i got blank page in main page in booth languages english and arabic

so i revert back to 3.0.2 and write to ar-cart.com to check what's the problem

b.r.

I updated yesterday and all went well for me so far as I can tell.

well apart from me having the wrong ftp settings, and being told that even after the update had finished.

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1347082739' post='144565']

@tbirnseth , I now see how screwed you would be.

Definitely more details are needed. ie. would the system support 1 free licence and 1 pro licence on the same install?

[/quote]

Dear friends,

We are working on FAQ about merging Professional edition with Ultimate and will publish it in our blog as soon as possible.

I see in the bug tracker that there are 455 bugs marked 'fixed in next version'. Will these 455 bugs be fixed in 3.0.4?

Is there an approximate ETA for 3.0.4?

The number of bugs in CS-Cart 3.0.3 is quite inconvenient. It would be very nice to get these resolved.

Same old song and dance. One word…“patience”. :)

waiting on 3.0.4

I think 3.04 should be out any day. I noticed the cs-cart lab started development on 3.05 just last week. Usually this means the next release is eminent.