Cs-Cart 2.2.5 To 4.2.4 Upgrade Issues

I am trying to go from 2.2.5 to 4.2.4 and the Store Import process does not complete. Using PhpMyadmin I can see it imported all the data into the temp tables that begin with store_import_

But whatever is supposed to happen next doesn't. My guess is it is suppose to convert and import all that data into the correct cscart_ tables. How do I kick off the next part of the upgrade?

David

Not sure if this is a hint, but during step 3 of the import (dispatch=store_import.index.step_3) I get this after about 10 minutes of importing

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=1]Importing data .Updating addonsUpdating dataUpdating dataImporting dataImporting data[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=1]Importing data . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Updating languagesUpdating dataUpdating dataImporting dataImporting data[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=1]Importing data . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Updating languagesUpdating dataUpdating dataImporting dataImporting data[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=1]Importing data . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Updating languagesUpdating dataUpdating dataImporting dataImporting data[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=1]Importing data . . . .Updating languagesUpdating dataUpdating dataImporting dataImporting data[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=1]Importing data . . . . . . . . . .Updating languagesUpdating dataUpdating dataImporting dataImporting data[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=1]Importing data . .[/size][/font][/color]

[center]

[color=#FFFFFF][size=2]ERVICE

UNAVAILABLE[/size][/color][color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=5]Sorry, service is temporarily unavailable.[/size][/font][/color][/center]

I am doing this on my local WAMP server and have cranked up all the PHP settings I can thing of that would impact the import.

OK, it seems to me that the Store Import of 4.2.4 is broken (I even tried 4.3.1 Beta and is broken also). I say this because the documentation says it works in upgrading from 2.2.5. But it DOESN'T.

Interestingly I decided to install 3.06 and it CORRECTLY allowed a Store Import from 2.2.5. So it appears to go from 2.2.5 to 4.x you first need to install 3.06 and go through it.

Please open the config.local.php file and replace:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 0);

with

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
define('DEVELOPMENT', true);

Then start the upgrade again. You should see actual error message. Most possibly the issue is caused by 3rd party module

I disabled all addons before I tried the store import. Do I need to actually uninstall all the addons.

No need to uninstall them

Hi

I did this last week, and it worked ok from 2.2.5 to 4.2.4. I have the 2.2.5 in a sub folder in the same html directory.

Before I did the import, I upped the memory in configlocal and in 2.2.5 I deactivated all unnecessary plugins.

Also I took the store back to base template, so got it back to base in 2.2.5 and checked it was all working.

Also clean the DB in admin, remove logs and stats, remove Google base ect. Basically try and get the DB down in size.

Also double check your permissions on the 4.2.4 folders for 777. You can take them back to 755 later.

I have a different issue right now. I got the import to work, but did all this on a spare domain. If I try and move the 4.2.4 store to the correct domain (same server space) it breaks in Admin, I can't edit anything and the home page won't come up. I followed all the setups (config, store URL ext).