CS-Cart 2.2.5 Released

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I did try /public_html/store/ previously but the update was then also showing ‘Unable to locate CS-Cart software’… But actually I kept at /store and it seemed the update could find the software but I was still receiving the error.

But I finally updated the store! :grin:

At the very bottom of all the errors there was a continue button. Nervously ignoring all the errors I hit continue, more errors appeared but I hit the continue again…not it went to finally update screen. Clicked continue and it updated the store as normal!

So I am still not sure why i was getting all the errors but I am updated now.

On a bit different topic, is anyone using Searchanise? I did some checking on the forums at a lot of people are against it?? I did install it and it seems to work well but is this a security risk using it?

Thank you again.

-Tim

Hi

Have done the upgrade, I was hoping it would resolve an issue I discovered recently…

In product features when editing Manufacturers extended variants any data input is NOT saved after selecting “SAVE”.

This is affecting “Description” “meta description” “meta key words” “page title” and also the “variant name” ie you can not amend this.

Comments/Ideas please.

Barry

[quote name='Tim Hensel' timestamp='1340594537' post='139356']

On a bit different topic, is anyone using Searchanise? I did some checking on the forums at a lot of people are against it?? I did install it and it seems to work well but is this a security risk using it?

Thank you again.

-Tim

[/quote]

Searchanise servers do not store any private data, only public.

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1340648320' post='139399']

Hi

Have done the upgrade, I was hoping it would resolve an issue I discovered recently…

In product features when editing Manufacturers extended variants any data input is NOT saved after selecting “SAVE”.

This is affecting “Description” “meta description” “meta key words” “page title” and also the “variant name” ie you can not amend this.

Comments/Ideas please.

Barry

[/quote]

Dear Barry,

Have you posted the bug yet?

[quote name='kmolchanov' timestamp='1340709411' post='139439']

[/quote]

Good news. Thank you for the info.

So far I love this search feature for my site.

-Tim

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]hi can i get a guide to upgrade the store to 2.2.5? i have tryd to upgrade but it gives me this[/font][/color]

[color=#9C3535][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Fejl[/font][/color]

[color=#9C3535][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]CS-Cart software ikke findes i den mappe, du har indtaste[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It says error cs-cart cant finde the software in the specified folder :-/ vare do i put it so cs-cart can find it and upgrade?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]the upgrade guide dont mention anything like this. i set the folder to public_html/cart and put the compressed files in there[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]thanks[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]BaDTaG [/font][/color]

HI,

I just use the upgrade utility in the admin. Don't do anything with files. I just got the notice for the upgrade the other day.

Not upgrading yet, but I just use this utility when I want to upgrade.

Bob

[quote name='BaDTaG' timestamp='1340741076' post='139463']

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]hi can i get a guide to upgrade the store to 2.2.5? i have tryd to upgrade but it gives me this[/font][/color]

[color=#9C3535][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Fejl[/font][/color]

[color=#9C3535][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]CS-Cart software ikke findes i den mappe, du har indtaste[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It says error cs-cart cant finde the software in the specified folder :-/ vare do i put it so cs-cart can find it and upgrade?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]the upgrade guide dont mention anything like this. i set the folder to public_html/cart and put the compressed files in there[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]thanks[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]BaDTaG [/font][/color]

[/quote]

Hi,

If your store files are located in a sub directory called 'cart' then in the Upgrade Center settings, try setting the directory to /cart.

-Tim

[quote name='kmolchanov' timestamp='1340709411' post='139439']

[/quote]

But it still requires a 3rd party contact from your website. So not only does searchanise go down and your site has problems, but they want to data mine your search information like Google or others do. So while it is not private about your customers, it is private information about you and your website.

[quote name=‘Tim Hensel’ timestamp=‘1340741647’ post=‘139466’]

Hi,

If your store files are located in a sub directory called ‘cart’ then in the Upgrade Center settings, try setting the directory to /cart.

-Tim

[/quote]

okay i think i got it to work upgrading as we speak (wright) i simply deleted all the settings for the ftp access and folder. now it works

But now the [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=3]Searchanise thingi how dos it work? it just stands there like this[/size][/font][/color]

Searchanise

[font=Consolas,][/font]

I am also getting an error while trying to upgrade from 2.2.4 Pro to 2.2.5 Pro.

It says “Insufficient disk space to bakc up database” and "The database tables have not been backed up"

This sounds strange as I have 1.35 GB available.

Surely it would be enough for this upgrade ?

I only have 2 test product in my webshop as it is not live yet.

[quote name='kmolchanov' timestamp='1340718498' post='139448']

Dear Barry,

Have you posted the bug yet?

[/quote]

Have just posted it now 17.56 28/06/12

Regards

Barry

[quote name='WebWatch' timestamp='1340871907' post='139533']

I am also getting an error while trying to upgrade from 2.2.4 Pro to 2.2.5 Pro.

It says “Insufficient disk space to bakc up database” and "The database tables have not been backed up"

This sounds strange as I have 1.35 GB available.

Surely it would be enough for this upgrade ?

I only have 2 test product in my webshop as it is not live yet.

[/quote]

CS-Cart will COPY your current store to /var/backups/, then upgrade.

It's necessary for you to delete the backups when required - sounds as though you might have a few double'd up image folders?

is The upgrade tool coming today or tomorrow?

[quote]

CS-Cart will COPY your current store to /var/backups/, then upgrade

[/quote]

Not exactly true. It will copy the files contained in the upgrade that would overwrite files in your store to the upgrade directory. It will not backup you whole store.

[quote name='BarryH' timestamp='1340648320' post='139399']

Hi

Comments/Ideas please.

Barry

[/quote]

Just checked but I don't have this problem in 2.24, so it doesn't look like it's a cs bug.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1341061865' post='139653']

Just checked but I don't have this problem in 2.24, so it doesn't look like it's a cs bug.

[/quote]

Thanks for checking that, we had it in 2.2.4 but didn't realise until just before we upgraded - it was a long shot that upgrade would sort it.

I'm not the most techy person on the planet but could this be a permissions issue? Or has anyone got any other suggestions as to what it could be.

Barry

Barry,

It is either a permissions issue or a quota issue. Suggest you tell your host that the cart is trying to create files in the var directory and let them set the appropriate permissions. If you are running out of quota, you might need to bump your “package” up with your host to either allocate you more disk space or more inodes.

Bottom line is your host should be able to help you best.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1341111917' post='139681']

Barry,

It is either a permissions issue or a quota issue. Suggest you tell your host that the cart is trying to create files in the var directory and let them set the appropriate permissions. If you are running out of quota, you might need to bump your “package” up with your host to either allocate you more disk space or more inodes.

Bottom line is your host should be able to help you best.

[/quote]

Tony, thanks for your valued input.

I have had a quick look at “VAR” folder and the permissions seem to be all the same as else where, ie Folders 755 files 644

Do you know exact Folder/File it is saving to as I can't find anything? We don't have any other issues with saving and our Hosting package is way larger than our requirements, so it's unlikely to be that. (I THINK).

FYI We can/have saved other product features but they are “TEXT” and not “EXTENDED” not sure if this is relevent? We realise now that it is an issue with us and not CS so any further advice from you or anyone else is very much appreciated.

Barry

This probably won't work, but you could try switching to multiple and then back again to extended (I do this all the time, so I can give a product more extended features then just 1 - the cart actually remembers the features chosen when set on mutliple, and then, after switching back to extented, it shows more then 1 extended feature → a neat trick because you can create fantastic SEO pages with extended features.

You could also try to delete folders: car/cache and var/compiled entirely (using ftp or cpanel) → this has solved some weird issues for me in the past that just clearing cache from admin did not.