CS-Cart 2.1.3 Released

[quote name=‘LarryU’]This might be a dumb question but I’m fairly new to this level of website complexity.

I have modified a couple of things such as manually moved the shopping cart button from the top bar over to the right side. And I’ve added some custom div’s of phone numbers into the header.

Can I ask what stuff is un-done, or I guess a better way to ask is what files are overridden during an upgrade like this? Do I need to be prepared and save copies of the files that I’ve made these modifications to?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

There are several threads on how various methods for upgrading but if you use the CS-Cart upgrade process, it tells you which files were modified during the upgrade process. Your best bet is to create a local install on your desktop and upgrade their first.

Depends on the upgrade. If the file has changed from the last release and the current file does not match the original, it is called a conflict. The new file is installed but you can go to the upgrade center and view all the conflicts. You would then merge your changes (highlighted in red or green background with red being your old file) into the newly installed file.

That’s the basic process.

lot of of stats are showing

undefined instead of the country

[quote name=‘rinx’]lot of of stats are showing

undefined instead of the country[/QUOTE]

You can find the solution here: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=2405[/url]

Hi guys. As you seem to have taken the plunge, could you tell me/other users if you think 2.1.3 is stable enough to go live with? Any major problems etc.?

[quote name=‘TheNewbie’]Hi guys. As you seem to have taken the plunge, could you tell me/other users if you think 2.1.3 is stable enough to go live with? Any major problems etc.?[/quote]

Sure, it’s stable. I know many Martfox customers running 2.1.3

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Sure, it’s stable. I know many of Martfox customers running 2.1.3[/QUOTE]

Thank you indy0077 - much appreciated. I will now take the plunge too!

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Sure, it’s stable. I know many Martfox customers running 2.1.3[/QUOTE]

Presumably STABILITY is judged in a matter of hours, not to mention days or weeks?

Can you get these customers who have upgraded to post their opinions please, I’m very interested to hear.

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Presumably STABILITY is judged in a matter of hours, not to mention days or weeks?

Can you get these customers who have upgraded to post their opinions please, I’m very interested to hear.[/quote]

I didn’t say anything about upgrade. Anyway as you can see in this thread, there are customers they upgraded from older versions as well. The OP asked if the 2.1.3 is stable, not if the upgrade from x.x.x is stable.

If you do have a right configured server and you know what are you doing inside the settings, then CS-Cart 2.1.3 works without any problems.

I needed 2 months to understand the structure of Windows 3.0 21 years ago :smiley:

If you do really need more comments from Martfox customers who use the 2.1.3 version, just PM me. I hope, you know what a “Privacy policy” is.

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Presumably STABILITY is judged in a matter of hours, not to mention days or weeks?

Can you get these customers who have upgraded to post their opinions please, I’m very interested to hear.[/QUOTE]

Meeeeoooowww

[quote name=‘indy0077’]I didn’t say anything about upgrade. Anyway as you can see in this thread, there are customers they upgraded from older versions as well. The OP asked if the 2.1.3 is stable, not if the upgrade from x.x.x is stable.

If you do have a right configured server and you know what are you doing inside the settings, then CS-Cart 2.1.3 works without any problems.

I needed 2 months to understand the structure of Windows 3.0 21 years ago :smiley:

If you do really need more comments from Martfox customers who use the 2.1.3 version, just PM me. I hope, you know what a “Privacy policy” is.[/QUOTE]

I am not concerned whether we are talking upgrade or new install, my point was that someone was asking for opinions on stability and you as a host indicated full stability with many customers running 2.1.3 within hours or its release. Which in my mind was a little bold at that point in time, and my point about getting them to post on the forum is so they can share their undoubted fantastic abilities to install cs cart and have it configured and running in 24 hours, including shipping, stock, payment options etc and presumably be doing many sales.

Hi BarryH, I have just successfully upgraded to 2.1.3 on Martfox and it all went very smoothly. The only trouble is that it broke my .swf banners and I cannot get them to work again now! regardless of what I do they just will not work.

Regards

[quote name=‘AmitP’]Hi BarryH, I have just successfully upgraded to 2.1.3 on Martfox and it all went very smoothly. The only trouble is that it broke my .swf banners and I cannot get them to work again now! regardless of what I do they just will not work.

Regards[/QUOTE]

Hi glad all went well for you, barring the .swf

I am not doubting the “upgrading” or “fresh install” of 2.1.3 I was merely suggesting that it was a premature statement!

After upgrading I noticed that I can no longer edit an order and add a product.

Has anyone else seen this issue and any suggestions to fix the problem?

I believe what people are asking more about than the install or upgrade process is the resulting operational capabilites in the store. Many of these won’t surface for several days after an upgrade. Suddenly you’ll find something that used to work one way either doesn’t work at all or works differently.

I believe that is most people’s concerns. Given that there’s no ability to actually convert backward without loosing order and other info, the more cautious folks are worried that they will find something in 4 days that they didn’t see before then.

The good news is that other than not testing the actual archive that was delivered, there seem to be few if any “oh my God” statements to the negative. This is a good thing.

Can anyone report any noticable speed increases in the new version

john

Well one problem is that it has broken thumbnails on google base uploads again. I remember this on 2.1.1

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Can anyone report any noticable speed increases in the new version

john[/QUOTE]

I would say Yes , have not done any tests yet but it seems faster than the previous version on the front and back ends. I think in my opinion this the best release to date from CS , smooth upgrade with no problems and quite few improvements. Good Job CS Cart Team.

Joe

Greetings!

The 2.1.3 upgrade went pretty smooth, but I’ve noticed; a discount calculation on the main page ( featured products ) were off. I mean when you add the item into a cart, it will show a discounted price, but not on the home page.

I did erased all the discounts and promotion and created them again, deleted cache using ?cc and manually cleared the folders, but nothing seem to help.

Had to revert to 2.1.2 and everything works once again.

Anyone else experiensing this issue with 2.1.3?

Upgrade from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 was smooth as silk, as easy as they come.

The caching of the “Blocks” is an immediately noticeable improvement in page loading, too early to say how much faster, however, certainly yet another improvement.

And of course the greatly needed shipping enhancements are simply amazing! :stuck_out_tongue: