CS-Cart 2.1.1 is released

[quote name=‘snorocket’]There has got to be at least 400+ bugs fixed since 2.0.13 and your worried about 2.1.1?[/QUOTE]

For me upgrading is a HUGE task, not speaking of part where updates are paid, mod updates like KB also…

Move from 135 to 2x was easier then 2.07 → 2.1.1

Basically all I need from new release is new checkout, way of orders are placed in latest cart, not displaying “deleted product” in customer order details page if product is removed from store. Everything else works well in 2.07

Friends, while i can see significant speedup with any of the cache schemes & appreciate a lot, could someone explain the basics of the options that we have here i.e., regarding // Available backends: file, sqlite, mysql, shmem

Thanks

-Sridhar

[quote name=‘gginorio’]Upgrades do show the diff. Just “view changes” to review the changes before you actually upgrade. Diff views are shown colorized so you can merge changes if necessary and not merge when not necessary.

…[/quote]

Where can I click on “view changes” before I update, please?

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]Where can I click on “view changes” before I update, please?[/QUOTE]

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/changelog211.html[/url]

[quote name=‘sridhark’]Friends, while i can see significant speedup with any of the cache schemes & appreciate a lot, could someone explain the basics of the options that we have here i.e., regarding // Available backends: file, sqlite, mysql, shmem

Thanks

-Sridhar[/QUOTE]

btw, where to look for “the cache schemes / options”?

v. 2.1.1.

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]Where can I click on “view changes” before I update, please?[/QUOTE]

same here… i see VIEW changes only AFTER the update… AFTER it moved all my stuff to a var backup dir , and only after it copied over a default template back into spot…

doign it as we speak…

click install

The following files have local modification. They will be backed up and you need to resolve conflicts manually after upgrade

only shows files… no diff

FILE

controllers/admin/exim.php

init.php

etc…

[quote name=‘nedd’]btw, where to look for “the cache schemes / options”?

v. 2.1.1.[/QUOTE]

in config.local.php

If only there could be an upgrade that wasn’t a pain.

The new ajax caching they implemented for the product variant options completely broke jquery Livequery. Now none of the js works anymore if it loads from cache.

Buahahahah! Just wait until they implement jQuery 1.4 :smiley:

The new caching methods are actually a downfall but CS-Cart is not the only developer running into this problem.

The current perk of nearly all PHP/MySQL developers right now seems to be loading speed but they are screwing themselves in some cases by implementing these proprietary caching methods.

Most quality web hosts use some form of opcode caching for PHP files and preliminary caching methods by the scripts counteract this in most cases. There should be an option to completely disable caching within the script to see if the web server itself can improve loading times. I know for a fact in my case that would be true.Those of you running lightspeed web servers would notice a huge improvement in speed if cs-cart caching was disabled

[quote name=‘phazei’]If only there could be an upgrade that wasn’t a pain.

The new ajax caching they implemented for the product variant options completely broke jquery Livequery. Now none of the js works anymore if it loads from cache.[/quote]

Yes, it’s a pain and very very time consuming! I’m not yet ready with the last upgrade!

I wished they would make hot-fixes of their upgrades, so that we don’t have to look through bug tracker all the time and collect what is suggested for fixing bugs. I hate that!

And if they only would provide diff files! That would make upgrades so much easier.

Has anybody ever upgraded e.g. CMSmadesimple or ZenPhoto? That is sooo easy! And, btw, even the implementation of TinyMCE is sooooo much better!

Is there any database structure change (new tables, new field, field property changes, etc.)?

What I want to know is that if I can just do a clean install of 2.1.1 and then move the database from 2.1 to the 2.1.1 environment.

Thanks,

–Wei

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]Yes, it’s a pain and very very time consuming! I’m not yet ready with the last upgrade!

I wished they would make hot-fixes of their upgrades, so that we don’t have to look through bug tracker all the time and collect what is suggested for fixing bugs. I hate that!

And if they only would provide diff files! That would make upgrades so much easier.

[/QUOTE]

If it weren’t for the mods, it would be really easy, but then the site wouldn’t be unique. 2.1 → 2.1.1 was much easier than 2.0.15 → 2.1.

Copying over the old mods is pretty simple, but when they change the way things work, then stuff needs to not only be copied over, but reimplemented entirely.

If they created diff files, it might be good, but I think it would be much more difficult. On my upgrade to 2.1.1, the number of files in the package contents is vastly larger then the number of files with local modifications. They seem to fix many more bugs than just those listed in the bug tracker. Manually applying them all would take forever, on top of that, you wouldn’t know if some changes required other changes to work. Like if they change a functions parameters, every use of that function needs to be fixed.

On all my local modifications I label exactly in the file where my modifications were with like {* MOD START*} {* MOD END *}. That way when I do the upgrade, it’s easy to see what changes were theirs vs which ones were mine that I need to copy over. Occasionally there is overlap on my mod and their update, in which case I need to update my mod, but for the most part it’s simply merging over the change with like UltraCompare or WinMerge.

So upgrading is somewhat of an all or nothing experience.

Hi Zeke - I take it that there are now new server requirements, like PDO should be enable sqlite should be enable etc etc… So before I upgrade can you please give a list of server requirements for this upgrade please?

Thanks

B

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Hi Zeke - I take it that there are now new server requirements, like PDO should be enable sqlite should be enable etc etc… So before I upgrade can you please give a list of server requirements for this upgrade please?

Thanks

B[/QUOTE]

Server requirements were not changed in 2.1.1. The default configuration will work on the same server as 2.1.0 works without problems.

The only change - if you’d like to choose another caching method, you need:

• sqlite support if you use sqlite caching
  • shmop support if you use caching in shared memory

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’]

[/QUOTE]

We used diff files for upgrades in 1.3 branch and decided to get rid of them in 2.0 branch there were much more problems than now.

[quote name=‘Darius’]

Move from 135 to 2x was easier then 2.07 → 2.1.1

[/QUOTE]

Sure, because this upgrade affected database only. It’s actually much more easier than upgrading templates, css, js, etc…

Hi Zeke, thanks for replies… how do I determine which cache method to use…? Or do I try all of them and see which gives best results?

Thanks

B

[quote name=‘zeke’]Sure, because this upgrade affected database only. It’s actually much more easier than upgrading templates, css, js, etc…[/QUOTE]

After upgrade to 2.1.1 why cart looks for images in non existing /0/ folder?

[quote name=‘phazei’]If only there could be an upgrade that wasn’t a pain.

The new ajax caching they implemented for the product variant options completely broke jquery Livequery. Now none of the js works anymore if it loads from cache.[/QUOTE]

Could you please clarify some points? What did you mean by “Livequery”?

Also, I’ve recorded a video from my screen:

[url]http://alexions.dev.cs-cart.com/download/options.rar[/url]

As you can see, all the options work correctly. So, please, get me some more information about your problem.

P.S. you can disable the options cache.

Open: /js/exceptions.js

find this line:

caching: true

And set it to “false”.

I will be waiting for your message.

Kind regards.