cs-cart 2.0.3 trial

I think there is something I don’t understand.

The Free 60 day trial version comes with 100% opens source code and is absolutely identical to a full commercial version and No file update will be required.

What do we do for the lots of bugs found in that trial.

Store locator do not work with Internet Explorer,

Localization make left sidebox and top menu disappear when activated,

French translation complete at about 60%,

The subtotal in all fields give the same result than totals fields, taxes includes or not

Double taxes give wrong results,

Taxes give different results in cart item and and checkout box when they are product options, that bug was report here on the 11-24-2007 and still occur in 2009-05-17.

Here is the way we calculate the taxes.

Many texts fields overlap on other text fields, especially in popup boxes, etc…

I admit it’s a nice piece of soft but support seem to be missing, specially for the trial because it’s during those 60 day’s where we decide to buy or not.

I feel so sad that cs-cart doesn’t protect their great software. Open source to everyone and then any hacker can study about it? I don’t get it why full open source for everyone.

Still, many people won’t appreciate the good work.

Just one question: Does this No.1 shopping cart software need a 60 days (so long) trial?

[quote name=‘joe’]I feel so sad that cs-cart doesn’t protect their great software. Open source to everyone and then any hacker can study about it? I don’t get it why full open source for everyone.

Just one question: Does this No.1 shopping cart software need a 60 days (so long) trial?[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the 60 days… as it gives me time to sort out and learn the cart. Setting it up to my liking and testing, sorting out the minor stuff Before Going Live, and having to pay for something if it didn’t really fit my needs.

[quote name=‘cntbill’]I appreciate the 60 days… as it gives me time to sort out and learn the cart. Setting it up to my liking and testing, sorting out the minor stuff Before Going Live, and having to pay for something if it didn’t really fit my needs.[/QUOTE]

Good for you.

What I mean is that cs-cart is already the best choice among the market.

Take a look at the price and all the features, could someone find a better deal?

[quote name=‘joe’]Good for you.

What I mean is that cs-cart is already the best choice among the market.

Take a look at the price and all the features, could someone find a better deal?[/QUOTE]

:wink:

Sorry about that Joe, you Are Right, sometimes it is hard to catch the sounds of statements and remarks… (I know there is a better word for it) :wink:

[quote name=‘joe’]I feel so sad that cs-cart doesn’t protect their great software. Open source to everyone and then any hacker can study about it? I don’t get it why full open source for everyone.

Just one question: Does this No.1 shopping cart software need a 60 days (so long) trial?[/QUOTE]

I was more interested in the questions posed by tandy. Not sure why you felt the need to hijack his/her thread with superfluous comments about why the product is open source. Who cares, really.

As cntbill started to mention, good for CS-Cart, doing something, anything, to generate interest. I have been using the Trial since it was released and am ready to make the move as soon as I get answers to all the issues I posted.

[quote name=‘darkhelmet’]I was more interested in the questions posed by tandy. Not sure why you felt the need to hijack his/her thread with superfluous comments about why the product is open source. Who cares, really.

As cntbill started to mention, good for CS-Cart, doing something, anything, to generate interest. I have been using the Trial since it was released and am ready to make the move as soon as I get answers to all the issues I posted.[/QUOTE]

Please read carefully about my post.

joe, seems that you have problems with the open source.

anyway, the problem is more simple, if we want to buy this product we need to test it before. with this bugs, and especially with the tax probleme nobody will buy cscart. if you will say that this bugs ar only because is the trial version :slight_smile: then why some bugs like tax problem is not rezolved?

I want to buy the new version, but with this bug unresolved I will buy other cart.

[quote name=‘santtos’]joe, seems that you have problems with the open source.

anyway, the problem is more simple, if we want to buy this product we need to test it before. with this bugs, and especially with the tax probleme nobody will buy cscart. if you will say that this bugs ar only because is the trial version :slight_smile: then why some bugs like tax problem is not rezolved?

I want to buy the new version, but with this bug unresolved I will buy other cart.[/QUOTE]

You still don’t get my idea my friend.:slight_smile:

BTW, I’m also waiting for many bug fixes.

still ??? is my first post here :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘tandy’]

I admit it’s a nice piece of soft but support seem to be missing, specially for the trial because it’s during those 60 day’s where we decide to buy or not.[/QUOTE]

tandy,

Yes this seems to be what I am running up against. Being a new user with only a trial 60 day license I am only able to post questions to the “Why CS-Cart” forum (why I can post here in this forum is beyond me), which from a message I sent to sales@cs-cart in the reply stated: “If you post messages to ‘Why CS-Cart?’ forum, they are accepted for approval by CS-Cart Community Forums moderators and you will see your messages on the pages of our Forum soon if they are approved by moderators.”

So the time it takes to get my post “accepted for approval” takes a day or two and then my response takes another day or two… I can see the 60 days… lol I think IMHO that one with at least a trial license would be able to post to at least one of the other Forum areas like Installation, Configuration or at least General Questions, with out having to wait for “accepted for approval”, but then there may well be reasons for this unknown to me.

The above is just my opinion… take it for what ever it may be worth.