CS-Cart 1.3.5 Beta

[quote name=‘zardos’]CS-Cart do honor us with their ears, they listen, and as a result we have a basic cart that is a compertion beater, so it is only fair that we also put a little effort in aswell.

After all they are the one’s who have produced this cart, not you or me.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing, and you should know better than I do, with all your posts I believe you put an incredible amount of time not only solving your own problems, but helping others solve theirs. End-users like you with a lot of CS-Cart experience makes CS-Cart software more attractive for new users.

In the end of the day, it’s them who make the software, but as a company I would reward at least those who seem to be the backbone of this forum, acknowledging their valuable time being spent for CS-Cart’s own benefit. Let’s not forget that someone here is making the money, which is quite alright. But I would be glad to hear there was some kind of time/effort honoring here, even while not having any ambition of getting it for myself.

Other CMSs do listen (a lot) to their users, specially open-source ones. If the CS-Cart biggest concurrent doesn’t, it’s because they just suck big time. I just assume I’ll get listened if the software company is serious enough to even release a paid-for software, so I just take it for granted.

It’s just my opinion…

Ive put a lot of hours in with helping CS users, and of course for my own benefit too, but out of it all… you do get something back.

• Satisfaction
  • A thank you from fellow CS-Cartians

At the end of the day, its a community forum, nobody is forced to post, nobody is forced to contribute, sometimes is just nice to help without adding the “whats it worth” line.

You cant just walk into lets say… an computer store, clean the windows, clean the floor and then expect a freebie off the shelf ! You would be nuts to even think you could.

[/B]

[B]

[B][/B]

I sure would like to see 3 image sizes for the main product image, and the ability to define each max width

Thumbnail 85px (product list views, product, features, etc)

Detail 240px (Product Detail Page)

Large whatever (Product Detail Pop-up)

I have noticed other product have adopted this, see attached.

3_Images.gif

[quote name=‘SWS’]Ive put a lot of hours in with helping CS users, and of course for my own benefit too, but out of it all… you do get something back.

• Satisfaction
  • A thank you from fellow CS-Cartians

At the end of the day, its a community forum, nobody is forced to post, nobody is forced to contribute, sometimes is just nice to help without adding the “whats it worth” line.

You cant just walk into lets say… an computer store, clean the windows, clean the floor and then expect a freebie off the shelf ! You would be nuts to even think you could.

[/B]

[B]

[B][/B][/QUOTE]

SWS…the hard-working, always willing to help, voice of reason…

totally agree with you :cool:

I’m still waiting for my Ferrari from CS!

WTF?!?!

:slight_smile:

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]I’m still waiting for my Ferrari from CS!

WTF?!?!

:-)[/quote]

Bloody Ferrari’s… I just want a(nother) license :frowning:

Sorry for deviating from the topic’s subject… If anyone has a live demo from the beta, would be great to have a link to it.

As for what I mentioned earlier, that’s just my opinion. :wink:

You can find a link here.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=19051#post19051[/url]

Hello all,

We’ve just updated the beta package in your File Area. The most bugs posted to bug tracker were fixed.

Also, we started new site - beta.cs-cart.com, where everyone can test the beta.

Zeke what is “Hot Staff” on the bate site.

This is an amazing cart right now, great work.

[quote name=‘zardos’]Zeke what is “Hot Staff” on the bate site.[/QUOTE]

I think it’s Russian for stuff :wink: Say it with the accent it makes perfect sence :wink:

[quote name=‘zardos’]Zeke what is “Hot Staff” on the bate site.

This is an amazing cart right now, great work.[/QUOTE]

What’s a “bate” site?

Sorry, couldn’t resist…:cool:

I think it’s Russian for “beta” :rolleyes:

[quote name=‘lastninja’]

2. Could you please also add “shop by price menu”

[/QUOTE]

I agree. it would be a great idea since it’s on all major shopping sites

:cool: beta looks nice :cool: good work on the cart

just wondering will their be more skins?

and the people who contribute to the forum are great!

[quote name=‘zardos’]I think it’s Russian for “beta” :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I did not say “bate”, you said it :).

As for “Hot Staff” - it was just a typo.

Thanks for finding this.

Ditto;

Thats my excuse “Typo” :rolleyes:

[quote name=‘zeke’]We’ve just updated the beta package in your File Area. The most bugs posted to bug tracker were fixed.

Also, we started new site - beta.cs-cart.com, where everyone can test the beta.[/quote]

Are you sure it has been updated, because you posted this on “08-10-2007, 03:06 PM” and the uploaded date & time on the file area is “

5904 kb Ilya Shalnev 08/07/2007, 11:39”

A little comfused I am. Please confirm!!!

What more can really be said of such a good shopping cart, though I do feel at times that some on here are not happy with what is already in the offering.

My own opinions towards CMS that I know some have questioned are simple for me. Shopping carts and CMS are two different mediums. If you want a shopping cart then in all honourstey stick with CS, you cannot really go wrong for the price. If you wish to query, a good opposition then look here and you will read the confusion and the extra cost.

On the other hand if your want CMS then go to Joomla as that is a CMS first and foremost with an add-on from Virtue Mart.

If you want the best of both then employ a designer and then a good coder. Then when you have these, you may wish to discuss with the bank the arrangement of a huge loan to cover a security audit for the site and the actual development costs.

I am not pointing the finger at anyone, but just consider what is being developed free where other cart you would have to purchase add-ons that pushed the prices through the roof.

One other thing I am wondering. If there is a big differnce in the the latest beta version then should it not be called 1.4.0?

My rant is now over :rolleyes:

Hm… alright, you got a point that CMS and Carts are two different things. But I never meant they are or should be the same thing as softwares, neither commercial nor open-source.

My point is that if CS-Cart developers opted to facilitate customization of a cart that mere mortals would buy and eventually want to customize, it would have to at least:

Separate functionality from layout!

I’m a webdesigner and I know that it is entirely possible and feasible.

For further customization, it would have to separate core functionality from add-ons. To make it THE perfect cart above all, make all these (skins and add-ons) installable and uninstallable from the back-end.

A Cart doesn’t have to be a CMS to have the same features that some CMSs do today. It’s all up to the way the development wants to go…

My 2 cents…

I’m one of those people that uses a CMS on the front end and the cart behind it. I sure hope the two can be merged at some point. I use Joomla. I’m a strong supporter of simple method for mod installation and removal, much like the way Joomla does it.