Cryptocurrency - Exchange Rate / Payment Support

Have been trying to look at accepting Cryptocurrency Payments on the site, and it still feels quite new. There seems to be only a handful of payment gateways, and since transferring between wallets has a high cost, it isn't a feasible method for all.

Does anyone know if there is any add-on currently available or being developed, that can

1) Do a Live currency exchange conversion for the cryptocurrency equivalent of the USD pricing on the website, at checkout

2) Generate a QR Code and/or hyperlink at checkout?

Have been trying to look at accepting Cryptocurrency Payments on the site, and it still feels quite new. There seems to be only a handful of payment gateways, and since transferring between wallets has a high cost, it isn't a feasible method for all.

Does anyone know if there is any add-on currently available or being developed, that can

1) Do a Live currency exchange conversion for the cryptocurrency equivalent of the USD pricing on the website, at checkout

2) Generate a QR Code and/or hyperlink at checkout?

I was thinking of this. Bitpay seemed quite interesting though. Also, with regards to live rates, this shouldn't be too hard to integrate (just a cron job really). The only problem I can think of, is because cryptocurrency is so volatile, that it can be a risk to accept them since you might actually get paid e.g. 1000$ in bitcoin, which will, only 5 minutes later, be worth just 900$.

I was thinking of this. Bitpay seemed quite interesting though. Also, with regards to live rates, this shouldn't be too hard to integrate (just a cron job really). The only problem I can think of, is because cryptocurrency is so volatile, that it can be a risk to accept them since you might actually get paid e.g. 1000$ in bitcoin, which will, only 5 minutes later, be worth just 900$.

You are quite right - the volatility makes it near impossible for a static payment request. The add-on would need to do a currency conversion at the time the link is clicked, and need a time-out - which I guess would make it expensive. I found CoinPayments to be ideal cos you can generate a request with a USD value, so it would convert at the time of payment - and there is an available add-on offering it as a payment gateway. It's just unfortunate that CoinPayments doesn't offer any withdrawal options to banks in my country.

For now, I'm just creating it as an offline processor and communicate directly with the customer after the order is placed.

Please note that we offer integration with CoinPayments processor

https://marketplace.cs-cart.com/coinpayments.html