Credit Cards Failed

I have had 3 consecutive orders that fail with credit cards. My payment processor states they do not even see an attempt of an authorization come through.

Where do I find the problem?

Thanks

Ron

Go to Administration/Logs and then Settings. Ensure you have “Requests” enabled. You will then be able to see what's happening between your payment provider and your cart.

You can also look in your PHP error_log to see if there are any PHP errors occurring. Have you installed any addons/modifications recently?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1356902028' post='151956']

Go to Administration/Logs and then Settings. Ensure you have “Requests” enabled. You will then be able to see what's happening between your payment provider and your cart.

You can also look in your PHP error_log to see if there are any PHP errors occurring. Have you installed any addons/modifications recently?

[/quote]

requests is enabled already.

I have done nothing with any addons. I had an order on Dec 12 and then on Dec 28th with no changes in between. The 28th order and 2 today have declined credit cards.

Where do I check for php errors? I have looked around in the phpmyadmin, but did not see anything that stood out.

Thanks for your help.

Do the logs then show the requests to your payment provider? What is the "Response'?

Contact your host for where your PHP error_log file is located on your server.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1356903708' post='151963']

Do the logs then show the requests to your payment provider? What is the "Response'?

Contact your host for where your PHP error_log file is located on your server.

[/quote]

There are no requests for the last failed order after a shipping call. Nothing there. I will contact host about error logs.

Contacted host. There are not any error logs in the error log location. (No errors to report)

No request? Then I would check your configuration and verify that you have the provider configured correctly.

Else, contact the supplier of the payment method.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1357060638' post='152012']

No request? Then I would check your configuration and verify that you have the provider configured correctly.

Else, contact the supplier of the payment method.

[/quote]

I am using Paypal Pro and have not changed anything. I had another CC fail today, but a Paypal payment went though okay a few days ago. I guess I should just delete PP pro and re-configure it and see if that fixes it. Not sure why it will not work when nothing has been changed.

Where will I see why a card failed ?

I uninstalled my Paypal and re installed it. It seems to be working now.