Credit Card Storage

In previous editions of CS-Cart, customers were able to store credit card information. Is this no longer possible?

Hello, knoxbury!

[quote name='knoxbury' timestamp='1370912099' post='163368']

In previous editions of CS-Cart, customers were able to store credit card information. Is this no longer possible?

[/quote]

The fact is that a customer had no possibility to store the credit card information in previous editions of CS-Cart. It was only possible to view the credit card information on the order details page, but when the order status got the “complete” status, such information was already unavailable. In the current CS-Cart versions it is also impossible.

Kind regards, Alt-team.

Wrong. There used to be the option in V2 f for a user to store their cc in their profile for easy access when placing an order. with V3 they yanked it. Bad idea from a usability standpoint. Also no longer see CC info when editing an order in admin even if CC info has not been removed. Fear of the PCI police.

Hello, tbirnseth!

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1370933146' post='163388']

Wrong. There used to be the option in V2 f for a user to store their cc in their profile for easy access when placing an order. with V3 they yanked it. Bad idea from a usability standpoint. Also no longer see CC info when editing an order in admin even if CC info has not been removed. Fear of the PCI police.

[/quote]

Yes, you are absolutely right! And sorry for the confusing answer. I didn't examine the question properly and got ahead of myself with the answer. Now I see the option for the customers allowing to store the credit card information in CS-Cart v.2. In CS-Cart v. 3 I haven't found this very option to be displayed.

Kind regards, Alt-team

Thanks for the info, but this is terrible news! That really hurts usability if the user needs to reenter cc info every time! Can you imagine Amazon requiring this?! CS-Cart dev needs to make this an option that we can turn on and off as needed.

You are correct, but they went through this phase where they thought they could get the actual cart certified as PCI compliant. Then they realized that every upgrade would require re-certification and so then they left that behind. It took a lot of yelling to get them to understand that merchants want the choice, not to be shoe-horned into someone else’s model of what’s right for their business.

When you remove functionality, your hearing tends to go away too. :-)

It should all be restored and controlled by one checkbox (PCI compliant).

Once they process the suggestion, you can vote for this here: [url=“http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/4071186-store-credit-card-profiles”]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional/suggestions/4071186-store-credit-card-profiles[/url]