Credit Card Storage

Is there a way to have the credit card not stored anywhere on the site/db.

Thanks!

Employ a payment gatewaty to handle the transactions, for Americans Authorise.net is extremely popular and it’s already pre-configured

Hi,

Most carts are now deleting CC numbers after the order is changed from the initial state. I am not sure if CS-Cart is doing this with 1.5 or will in next version. I thought they are doing it now, but have not been in admin for a couple of months.

I do off line processing using Quickbooks and don’t plan on using a gateway. Would want all but last numbers deleted, expiration date and th three/four digit code, once the order is manually moved to another state.

[quote name=‘gpro’]Is there a way to have the credit card not stored anywhere on the site/db.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes.

I do not remember how as support did it for me but it can be done fairly easily.

Note this was not connected with the payment gateway side of the code.

It appears that they delete the credit card info when the status changes to Completed, Backordered or Cancelled in V1.3.5 SP2.

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Would want all but last numbers deleted, expiration date and th three/four digit code, once the order is manually moved to another state.[/QUOTE]

The merchant agreement for most credit cards says that you may not store the CVV2 information. For instance, the following is copied from page 12 of the Visa USA Operating Regulations (http://www.usa.visa.com/download/merchants/rules_for_visa_merchants.pdf):

All merchants are prohibited from storing CVV2 data .
When asking a cardholder for CVV2, merchants must not document this
information on any kind of paper order form or store it on any database .

CS-Cart allows you to specify that CC information is removed in Admin->Order Statuses.

Bob

Is the cc info and cvv2 also removed from the database when checking it to be removed from the order statuses.

Thanks!