Creating new shipping method only for orders above amount.

I would like to create a shipping method that only appears after the sales amount reaches a certain value. This sounds easy but my problem is that I can not change or delete the first default “cost dependancy”.

The first (default) cost dependancy would say that any cost above $0 shipping will be ???

The cost dependancy that I create would say that any cost above $2000.00 shipping will be $99.00

So… any cost that is between $0 and $2000 would be free. NOOOOOOO not what I want. :confused:

[color=#008000]Can any body help?[/color]

[color=#008000]Can I delete the default from only this shipping method somehow?[/color]

I could create a product promotion, but I want my customers to see a normal shipping rate and also a discounted rate next to it.

Thanks.

You can try the KB here [url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name=‘jimmyod’ timestamp=‘1378232110’ post=‘167712’]

I would like to create a shipping method that only appears after the sales amount reaches a certain value. This sounds easy but my problem is that I can not change or delete the first default “cost dependancy”.

The first (default) cost dependancy would say that any cost above $0 shipping will be ???

The cost dependancy that I create would say that any cost above $2000.00 shipping will be $99.00

So… any cost that is between $0 and $2000 would be free. NOOOOOOO not what I want. :confused:

[color=#008000]Can any body help?

Can I delete the default from only this shipping method somehow?[/color]

I could create a product promotion, but I want my customers to see a normal shipping rate and also a discounted rate next to it.

Thanks.

[/quote][color=#008000]Can any body help?[/color]

[color=#008000]Can I delete the default from only this shipping method somehow?[/color]

In case you are still following this, did you come up with a solution? The problem is still there, hard to believe that more people are not complaining. Having free shipping is such a common thing, but this method just does not work at all.

See this more recent thread, and note what CS-Cart says towards the end.

HI there jimmyod

You can use our Addon [color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Shipping Price Limit [/size][/font][/color]for this situtation as CS-Cart cant work the way you describe

Χρηματικό Όριο στις Αποστολές - CS-Cart Addons/Πρόσθετα at Cscart.Biz | CS-Cart Market by Dvs.gr

[color=#333333][size=3]

Limit your Shippings Options, based on the Order Value.[/size][/color][color=#333333][size=3]

Let you customers use only those Shipping options you wish for certain Order value. Take control over the Checkout Proccess.[/size][/color][color=#333333][size=3]

Set the range of Order value in the Shipping Settings Screen, just the way you do with weight range. That's it. Shipping options that are affected, will no more appear in Checkout Screen, when Order is outside the value range you set.[/size][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]If you are interested in Version 4.x I will be happy to update this.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Fotis[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='jacson' timestamp='1396629585' post='181008']

In case you are still following this, did you come up with a solution? The problem is still there, hard to believe that more people are not complaining. Having free shipping is such a common thing, but this method just does not work at all.

See this more recent thread, and note what CS-Cart says towards the end.

http://forum.cs-cart…919#entry180919

[/quote]

Hello,

Did you find a solution for your problem?

Thanks.

Corinne

Fotis;

I would be interested in a v4 version of this add-on.

Jack