Creating New Csc Development Site On A Existing Cart?

Hi,

I am creating a new CSC site on a live domain which is already running a different cart.

What is the best way to do this to (a) keep it private, away from search engines and prying eyes and (B) make it straightforward to switch to live when ready, without having to update/change development URLs?

Thanks.

T.

Create a subfolder in the root (/mydevsite) and block with robots.txt all search engines. As for everyone else you can keep the new store closed and access it with a unique key given from the admin main settings.

When ready move that subfolder to the root.

[quote name=‘TommyUK’ timestamp=‘1427713538’ post=‘209535’]

Hi,

I am creating a new CSC site on a live domain which is already running a different cart.

What is the best way to do this to (a) keep it private, away from search engines and prying eyes and ( B) make it straightforward to switch to live when ready, without having to update/change development URLs?

Thanks.

T.

[/quote]

Pretty much yes, also ditto neundex said.

be sure when you switch over you have rewritten or duplicated all seo urls to keep the juice

Thanks!

When I move folders (back to root for going live) will that change URLs as well?

T.

Yes, if you change the .htaccess folder from /yoursubfoldername to just /

[quote name='TommyUK' timestamp='1427725136' post='209561']

Thanks!

When I move folders (back to root for going live) will that change URLs as well?

T.

[/quote]

Yes, just read this atricle before transfer.

Best regards,

CS-Market.

Thanks again :)