Creating an embedded Link via CSV import

Creating an embedded link when creating a product manually is easily done, but can it be accomplished via a CVS import?

One of my suppliers includes the url to some useful information in a spreadsheet they provided. There are about 3,000 products in all, each having it's own URL.

I just tried uploading a sample product by putting the url in the description field. It imported fine of course, but it came up as just text, not “hot”. So the user would have to copy/paste it into a browser to take advantage of it. Not a very good solution.

Is there a way to imbed the url into an appropriate word in the product description and make it a hot link? I.e. “Click HERE for more info”

Yes it is the std input works for me on my old 2.25 site, are you sure you were viewing in html or code view in product description.

I have it laid out in a spreadsheet and works fine when imported, you could also put 1 link in 1 product in admin then export that one product to see.

your text you want to show

"you could also put 1 link in 1 product in admin then export that one product to see."

John, good idea. I'll check it out!

John,

It worked! I didn't know about the whole deal. It's amazing what you can learn when you reverse engineer things!