Creating a tab for technical specifications

Am I overlooking a way to add technical specifications in a new tab for each product? Preferably in a WYSIWYG editor like the description tab.

Thanks

The below information is from one of the many posts on creating tabs. The forum search works really well and the knowledge base also has a lot of good information.

[QUOTE]

You create the tab in Design->Blocks. Select the Products tab then hit the “add block” button. For position, choose “Product details page” which creates a product tab.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘adodric’]The below information is from one of the many posts on creating tabs. The forum search works really well and the knowledge base also has a lot of good information.[/QUOTE]

I’ve searched the forums and I’ve found that, however this doesn’t answer my question or solve my problem. I can add blocks all day, but how do I add content specific to that product and use the WYSIWYG editor for that block → tab? All I see is ‘Listed items’ and the ability to add products to the box, not typed content.

I’ll check my CS Cart install later today if someone else hasn’t replied by then. I’ve never done what you’re asking but I’ll toy around with the blocks and see what I find. I’m thinking that perhaps it might be by making the block one of the HTML block types.

[quote name=‘bluecherry’]I’ve searched the forums and I’ve found that, however this doesn’t answer my question or solve my problem. I can add blocks all day, but how do I add content specific to that product and use the WYSIWYG editor for that block → tab? All I see is ‘Listed items’ and the ability to add products to the box, not typed content.[/QUOTE]

I’m still a new user so maybe this won’t be the solution but this is something I ran into when starting to use the platform.

What I did as someone else mentioned was to create a new block and select the content as a “unique html block”

From there you can go into each product and assign that block the product details and edit everything you want to using the WYSIWYG editor. That’s what I do right now.

I also have figured out a way to import to these blocks but it’s not through the software, it has to be done directly through the database.

I found out that I need a newer version of CS-Cart. Mine is 2.0.7 and this feature was added in 2.0.12

Thanks

I have been using version 2 since 2.0.10 and this was there then but yes it is in 2.0.12 as well.