Create Sub Category And Sub-Sub Category Left Column Block

Hi,

Is there a way to include the Sub-Category and Sub-Sub-Caregory links in a left navigation block once a category is clicked?

I have provided a screenshot of a categories left navigation link that was clicked, which showed more than 20 sub-sub-categories in a mess format. I would like these links to be displayed in the left navigation block column?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2014-12-18 at 9.51.20 PM.png

It seems a wrong image is uploaded?

Here is the correct image.

Please let me know if there is code somewhere to add that to cs-cart.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2015-02-04 at 7.20.19 AM.png

[quote name='hobbiesdeveloper' timestamp='1422987050' post='204194']

Hi,

Is there a way to include the Sub-Category and Sub-Sub-Caregory links in a left navigation block once a category is clicked?

I have provided a screenshot of a categories left navigation link that was clicked, which showed more than 20 sub-sub-categories in a mess format. I would like these links to be displayed in the left navigation block column?

Thanks.

[/quote]

You can create a block with categories with the filling type - Dynamic tree. It should solve your issue.

To remove the list of subcategories from the main content, please change the following template:

design\themes\YOUR_THEME\templates\views\categories\view.tpl

Or use the categories:view hook in it.

What I'm trying to accomplish is for the categories block to automatically update with the correct sub-sub categories depending on the category selected? Even if you select it as a dynamic tree it will still not update the correct sub-sub-categories once a certain category is selected.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

It should automatically highlight the selected category. Please check some examples from my test store:

http://clip2net.com/s/3bQzdZr

Clip2Net — screen capture tool for Windows, Android, iPad, Mac, Linux

Where in the templates/views/categories/view.tpl folder I would be able to just remove the sub-category list in the main layout of my category page?

Thanks.

[quote name='hobbiesdeveloper' timestamp='1423187207' post='204457']

Where in the templates/views/categories/view.tpl folder I would be able to just remove the sub-category list in the main layout of my category page?

[/quote]

Please remove the following code:

```php

{if $subcategories}

{foreach from=$splitted_subcategories item="ssubcateg"}
    {foreach from=$ssubcateg item=category name="ssubcateg"}
    {if $category}
  • {$category.category}
  • {/if}
    {/foreach}
    {/foreach}

{/if}

```

Or use the[b] categories:view[/b] hook to override the template

I took out the subcategories code in the view.tpl folder, cleared the cs-cart and browser cache and still is showing up the sub categories on the content page of the category page. Perhaps there might be hooks still adding the categories somewhere else, do you know if there are any other files that might be making the sub-categories show up?

Thanks.

Looks like 3rd party module uses this hook. Try to disable 3rd party add-ons one-by-one to find the required one

No problem. I will give it a try. Thanks.