Create Product Variations As One Product But With Different Product Name

I would like to create a product feature 'Size'. I want all variations of this feature to show once in the products catalogue, therefore its purpose should be 'product variation as one product'. However, I would like to be able to change the name of each variant.

So for example, the default variant will have the following name: Hoze 13MM with the 'size' feature being 13MM.

When the user click on the product, he can change the 'size' from the feature drop-down to 16MM, I would like the name of the product then to change to Hose 16MM.

I am unable to achieve this when I select the purpose as 'product variation as one product', even though CS-cart has achieved something similar in their documentation (see attached image):

As you can see the product name is different depending on both color and size features. Presumably here 'Size' is a feature with purpose being 'product variant as one product' because this is what they say in their docs and youtube videos.

Any ideas how we could achieve this?

Hello,

Are you sure that this screenshot refers to variations as one product? Could you please paste here a link to the documentation where this screenshot is displayed?

Variations as one product are supposed to sell the same product, with minor differences (like size, color) and do not allow changing variations names. If you want to do so, use variations as separate products.

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

Are you sure that this screenshot refers to variations as one product? Could you please paste here a link to the documentation where this screenshot is displayed?

Variations as one product are supposed to sell the same product, with minor differences (like size, color) and do not allow changing variations names. If you want to do so, use variations as separate products.

Best regards,

Robert

Hello, please find the link for the documentation: https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/manage_products/products/product_variations.html

It does not specify exactly for this picture, but in the rest of the documentation and their demo multi-vendor site, 'size' is used as 'variation as one product' so i assumed it is that way in this screenshot as well.

Hello,

This is probably because they have used variation groups. They created a group for each color of the T-shirts (and gave them proper name), and then joined the groups together. This process is described in documentation.

Each group can have separate name (that's why they are different in the screenshot), but names cannot be changed inside the variations - that's why T-shirt size is not mentioned in product name.

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

This is probably because they have used variation groups. They created a group for each color of the T-shirts (and gave them proper name), and then joined the groups together. This process is described in documentation.

Each group can have separate name (that's why they are different in the screenshot), but names cannot be changed inside the variations - that's why T-shirt size is not mentioned in product name.

Best regards,

Robert

Thank you for your response.

Can you link me to where it mentions how we can create variation groups and how to use them?

Hello,

It is described in this page of documentation: https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/manage_products/products/product_variations.html

Best regards,

Robert

Hello,

Best regards,

Robert

Okay thank you.

But if you scroll down to the last picture in the documentation, you could see that the size IS mentioned in the variant/product name. This is why I was confused and thought it could be changed. Any thoughts on that?

Okay thank you.

But if you scroll down to the last picture in the documentation, you could see that the size IS mentioned in the variant/product name. This is why I was confused and thought it could be changed. Any thoughts on that?

Probably the last screenshot shows how do "Variations as separate products" work. Unfortunately, CS-Cart for now does not allow manual editing of "Variations as one product" names.

Best regards,

Robert