CPU Maxing out on Multi-Vendor Edition

Hi Guys,

We use CS Cart Multi Vender 3…

We have a managed server with Go daddy and our CPU keeps maxing out which keeps crashing the server. We are having about 20 - 90 minutes of down time a week. Last friday it took them 90 mins to access the server again and all that time our website was down.

They say it might be the code and I just want to check if anyone else has had a problem?

We have a store with about 200 brands and 2000 products.

Many thanks

i had a same problem. send me email i can ask to my db manager cncinc at nate.com

Hello matthedger,

Thank you for your message.

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. The problem requires the examination on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='matthedger' timestamp='1360694665' post='155054']

Hi Guys,

We use CS Cart Multi Vender 3…

We have a managed server with Go daddy and our CPU keeps maxing out which keeps crashing the server. We are having about 20 - 90 minutes of down time a week. Last friday it took them 90 mins to access the server again and all that time our website was down.

They say it might be the code and I just want to check if anyone else has had a problem?

We have a store with about 200 brands and 2000 products.

Many thanks

[/quote]What are the specifications of your server?

[quote name='martfox' timestamp='1362824151' post='157302']

What are the specifications of your server?

[/quote]

It's a “GoDaddy server” - most likely amounts to smoke signals and two hamsters for energy production…

Matt, decent VPS servers are in the $100p/m range - if you continue to use godaddy, that's what you'll be losing out revenue wise each day that this continues. I do realise that it's a cheap avenue going with GoDaddy (and relatively low risk I assume) however it's NOT designed for an eCommerce store - it's designed for wordpress blogs that nobody really cares about when they crash.

Not going to beat a dead horse (or an UK Meatball) but I'm certain you suspected the service GoDaddy provided before now?

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1362832083' post='157310']

It's a “GoDaddy server” - most likely amounts to smoke signals and two hamsters for energy production…[/quote]

This VPS from GoDaddy should work with CS-Cart. As per the description there are enough resources:

Plan name: Value

• RAM: 2 GB

• Storage: 60 GB

• Bandwidth: 2,000 GB/mo

But the most important thing is Apache, php and database configuration. Otherwise, the sites wouldn't work as expected.

[quote name='martfox' timestamp='1362897420' post='157368']

This VPS from GoDaddy should work with CS-Cart. As per the description there are enough resources:

Plan name: Value

• RAM: 2 GB

• Storage: 60 GB

• Bandwidth: 2,000 GB/mo

But the most important thing is Apache, php and database configuration. Otherwise, the sites wouldn't work as expected.

[/quote]

It does not list the CPU share percentage, spike overhead nor speed.

No point trying to compare an old Volkswagen Bettle vs a Porsche if the Porsche doesn't have an engine…

Jesse is right. The plan also means nothing when the backbone to the server is unknown, what kind of datacentre they have, and how reliable their upstream providers are.