CPanel - CPU usage stuck on 9%...Which scripts are running?

Hi -

up until a few days ago the Average CPU usage (displayed in CPanel> Resource Usage Details) was 0% – the maximum usage was up and down all the time as to be expected, as traffic loads went up and down… But overall the CPU average was almost always 0%.

However for the past few days the average CPU usage has been fixed at 9% – I contacted my hosts and they said it was probably either website scripts running or a large number of bots hitting the site.

I don't think it's the bots - as there don't seem to be any more around than normal - so how would I go about identifying which scripts are running (constantly) to cause this increase in CPU usage.

Thanks

[quote name='Fishpaste' timestamp='1317905462' post='123028']

Hi -

up until a few days ago the Average CPU usage (displayed in CPanel> Resource Usage Details) was 0% – the maximum usage was up and down all the time as to be expected, as traffic loads went up and down… But overall the CPU average was almost always 0%.

However for the past few days the average CPU usage has been fixed at 9% – I contacted my hosts and they said it was probably either website scripts running or a large number of bots hitting the site.

I don't think it's the bots - as there don't seem to be any more around than normal - so how would I go about identifying which scripts are running (constantly) to cause this increase in CPU usage.

Thanks

[/quote]

CPU, network, mysql increased usage were when my site was hacked…

hi -

I'm currently downloading the website so I can do a file compare with a backup from a couple of weeks ago.

How did you go about locating the hack - or was it a major hack with lots of files effected?

…was your hack a constant drain on resources (like this which has been stuck on 9% average cpu usage for days) – or was it more spikes here and there?

How do you go about monitoring Mysql usage?