Coupon Code

I'm wondering if there is any way to setup a coupon code to give Free Shipping but only up to a specified amount in the cart?

You mean the other way around then what's usually the case? So no "free shipping on orders over amount X", but "free shipping on orders under amount X?"

If so you can simply select Condition: order subtotal equal or less than amount X.

Bonus: free shipping.

To be more specific;

I have my shipping setup to have standard rates.

However, if a customer has $30 or more (cart subtotal) they gain free shipping. But, I'd like there to be a limit.

Once they hit $75, "insurance" rates must be applied.

It's the $75 limit that I can't seem to figure out - the $30 free shipping seems to override any other settings.

Did you try to set up it in the following way?

https://prnt.sc/zknokh

I didn't set that up, but I'd like to understand this setup.

In this case, does it activate the coupon automatically to charge postal insurance fee (123) once the subtotal reaches $75?

I didn't set that up, but I'd like to understand this setup.

In this case, does it activate the coupon automatically to charge postal insurance fee (123) once the subtotal reaches $75?

No, the coupon will not be activated automatically. It should be entered by the customer

I tried such setup...

The bonus is Free Shipping (for orders $40 or below) - however, when tested I get 2 notifications when applied;

Warning The entered code cannot be applied, because it does not meet the requirements.

then another green window below it, that states

Notice Applied promotions: $40 Free shipping coupon

Yet, nothing happened. No change to the total whasoever.

What the heck is wrong here?!

May be this coupon is defined for two different promotions?

I forgot to upload a screenshot.

It's the only coupon/promotion I have that is active.

Clipboard02.jpg