Coupon Code Issue

ok I have a coupon code allowance issue.

I have things on my site i don’t want a coupon used for so i exclude it from the coupon list. But when someone adds something that does have a coupon , the 20% off is also given to the item that shouldn’t be allowed to be discounted. why? how can I fix that?

the shopping cart gives it the discount when the code is given and i don’t want that. I only want the item thats allowed to be discounted.

hello, dabcity

well, you are about cart promotion and there are 2 parts:

1. if you need promotion to be applied only when particular products or products from categories are in the cart, use “Products” or “Categories” conditions on “Conditions” tab of promo settings page;

2. if you need promotion to be applied only for particular products or products from categories are in the cart, use “Discount on products” or “Discount on all products from categories” bonuses on “Bonuses” tab of promo settings page;

if it does not work for you, please provide more details on conditions and bonuses of your promo.

best regards,

WSA team

[quote name='dabcity' timestamp='1428627984' post='210895']

ok I have a coupon code allowance issue.

I have things on my site i don't want a coupon used for so i exclude it from the coupon list. But when someone adds something that does have a coupon , the 20% off is also given to the item that shouldn't be allowed to be discounted. why? how can I fix that?

the shopping cart gives it the discount when the code is given and i don't want that. I only want the item thats allowed to be discounted.

[/quote]

Please provide us with the screenshots of the conditions and bonuses tabs of your promotion. It will help to figure out the issue

the items That should not be allowed to discount are not on the list. when you try to do it in the shopping cart by itself it doesnt allow it.

But when you add an item that is on this list it allows both items to be discounted.

[attachment=9410:Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 6.32.42 PM.png]

[attachment=9411:Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 6.32.51 PM.png]

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 6.32.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 6.32.51 PM.png

the problem is that you use bonus “order discount” which is applied to whole cart, please use [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]“Discount on products” or “Discount on all products from categories” bonuses instead.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]best regards,[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]WSA team[/font][/color]

Please find more information about Promotions in this article: