couple of issues i found on internet Explorer version 6

Hi,

I have been testing cs cart on our work computer which unfortunately still uses IE6 and I have found 2 issues which I can't seem to rectify.

1: The contact form doesn't show the mandatory asterix and it also doesn't show you the heading or name on top of the field box where customers enter their details.

2: My products list on the side box don't cascade down as they do on the more modern browsers

Are these common problems and can they be fixed without damaging the rest of the cart? In my opinion the Safari browser is by far the most stable and easiest browser to work with. I couldn't beleive it when i found out that we still use ie6 at work.

Cheers

[quote name='venomxr' timestamp='1322011082' post='126603']

Hi,

I have been testing cs cart on our work computer which unfortunately still uses IE6 and I have found 2 issues which I can't seem to rectify.

1: The contact form doesn't show the mandatory asterix and it also doesn't show you the heading or name on top of the field box where customers enter their details.

2: My products list on the side box don't cascade down as they do on the more modern browsers

Are these common problems and can they be fixed without damaging the rest of the cart? In my opinion the Safari browser is by far the most stable and easiest browser to work with. I couldn't beleive it when i found out that we still use ie6 at work.

Cheers

[/quote]

I had to check the post date on this thread when I saw IE6. Less than 2% of the users on the internet use IE6 and there is a bunch of stuff that would require special coding just for IE6 so IMHO the effort doesn't make trying to fix this worth it. Plus you would probably be hard pressed to find someone on these forums that still uses IE6.

LOL@ IE6 :D

Hi,

I work for an airline and would you beleive me if i told you that one of the best and biggest airlines in the world still uses IE6! I'm from Australia so it wouldn't be too hard to figure which airline that might be. lol

the styles.ie.css file should account for IE-6.

There are many people who still use IE-6. While they may not be the most active web-surfers, they still deserve to have software function for their browser.

Not sure I could see why the '' would be sensitive to the browser version… If the class is 'cm-required' then it should set a background image that has the ''… Not too fancy and certainly shouldn't be browser sensitive. You might have to look at the source and/or a html debugger to know for sure. I think there is an html debugger for IE6 still out there somewhere. Do a search for 'cm-required' in styles.css for the customer skin you are working with.