"copying" Products

I've seen lots of info about transferring a store to another domain, but what I really would like to do is copy just the products, categories, descriptions, and image URLS to another store. Can I do this via a backup/restore of portions of the database and if so which tables are needed?...cscart_products, etc......

I've seen lots of info about transferring a store to another domain, but what I really would like to do is copy just the products, categories, descriptions, and image URLS to another store. Can I do this via a backup/restore of portions of the database and if so which tables are needed?...cscart_products, etc......

Yes, you can do it. Please note that CS-Cart does not have separate export/ import feature for categories. Categories data will be exported with the products feed only. It contains only category and subcategories names.

Thank you. I had thought as much, but the important question is which tables do I need to backup/restore?

Thank you. I had thought as much, but the important question is which tables do I need to backup/restore?

Do you mean categories?

No I mean tables. I had thought I should be able to backup select database tables through myPHPadmin and then restore them to another database. My question really is if all I want to do is transfer the products content, which database tables would be required?

why dont you just export them from one store though admin as a .csv and import to another store

http://kb.cs-cart.com/product-export

Because there's over 47,000 products and I've never gotten a csv that large even com close to importing.

Because there's over 47,000 products and I've never gotten a csv that large even com close to importing.

It should work correctly with 47000 products if sever configuration does not have strong limits

The reason I am asking about actual database tables is because it most definitely doesn't work with 47000 records for me at least.

Then your server configuration is too restricted.

It is always better to import via CSC's admin panel rather than the database itself. Depending on the data being imported, it could be associated with one or more tables.

The reason I am asking about actual database tables is because it most definitely doesn't work with 47000 records for me at least.

I tried through the database a while back but too many different tables....did csv at 10,000 at a time