Considering CS Cart

Looks feature-rich and versatile, but frankly I’m a little scared.

Right now we are operating on a ProStores platform. It is rock solid, but pretty featureless, the reporting sucks, info is hared to extract, store promotions are extremely limited and a bunch of other complaints that CS Cart appears to address.

My main concern about moving to CS Cart is the amount of work I’ll have to invest in making the change. We sell over 350 products, many of which are proprietary so the text and images are all generated in-house. Setting up that many products in more than a dozen categories looks like a pretty daunting task even if I can C&P most of it from our current site (I CAN do that can’t I?).

Any input from people who have undergone similar transitions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jorian

[QUOTE]Setting up that many products in more than a dozen categories looks like a pretty daunting task even if I can C&P most of it from our current site (I CAN do that can’t I?).[/QUOTE]

I don’t have any experience moving a store…but I had to comment as to your move of product, text and images.

This can all be done via a Database Export (If you can export from Prostores) and then Import into CS-Cart…it would be a lot easier than C&P :slight_smile:

You can export a template (spreadsheet) from CS-Cart to work off of and re-arrange the export of ProStores to match the CS-Cart template (spreadsheet) then just import into CS-Cart.

Really not that difficult to do at all.

cs-cart team can handle all moving process for some fee. They offered me this, I was using shop-script.com before. The product list was rather small, pictures and description not so great so I decided to start over and make everything from 0.

We had a done for us and it was still a headache:

Missing photos etc…

But it can be done.

Thank you all!

Supposedly I’ll be getting the keys to a demo store from a CS vendor today. Will probably have a lot of questions going forward. Really appreciate y’all’s support.

I’m expecting to get the keys to a demo site, and will have lots more questions. The support that y’all provide is VERY much appreciated.