Configuring myVirtualMerchant

Hello All,

I’m writing because maybe someone else has experience this and can give me some insight.

I’ve setup CS-Cart with myVirtualMerchant - I’ve doubled checked all the id values etc. The system is in test mode, the URL to process the transaction is correct etc. But when I submit the form it doesn’t ‘talk’ to the gateway. They have no record of the attempt of a transaction – so the cart is not connecting to the URL in the form. ([url][/url])

Any help, ideas or feedback would be appreciated, this is the last hurdle we have to jump in order to go live!

Thanks in advance for any help.


Okay – just wanted to test in another cart to see if I could track down the problem and confirm settings were working.

I tested in ZenCart and its working with no problems, so I’m wondering why CS-Cart is not – with the same settings.


I have used the product for years and had no issues because everything worked as expected. But now that I’ve recommended it to a client and a gateway they have listed working in their cart doesn’t work then I’ve run into issues and have to say the US based support is lacking. It’s not cool to not be able to get ONE response on the forums - it’s not okay to go 24 hours in the helpdesk before you get a response.

I’ve setup the gateway on another cart it is working on the same server with the same settings. I’ve spent hours on the phone with support at myVirtualMerchant - they are not getting any transactions from the cs-cart store but the cart is supposed to work with this gateway out of the box.

Is anyone going to get it working? I’ve recommended this to a client and it isn’t working and my reputation is on the line here along with a customer relationship with this company.

Happy to report some good news that hopefully others who have similar problems can avoid the frustration I’ve experienced over the past week and a half.

First I found four bugs in the CS-Cart payment gateway script located here: payments/virtual_merchant.php

First thing to do is include this info

$post_data[‘ssl_show_form’] = “true”;

after this code:

$post_data[‘ssl_ship_to_zip’] = $order_info[‘s_zipcode’];

So you are able to trouble shoot and get the error codes from myVirtualMerchant.

The four bugs I found were:

  1. $post_data[‘ssl_transaction_type’] = ‘SALE’; should be

    $post_data[‘ssl_transaction_type’] = ‘ccSALE’;

  2. $post_data['ssl_cvv2'] = 'present'; should be
    $post_data['ssl_cvv2cvc2_indicator'] = 'present';

3. $post_data['ssl_test_mode'] = $processor_data['params']['mode'] == 'test' ? 'TRUE' : ''; should be
$post_data['ssl_test_mode'] = $processor_data['params']['mode'] == 'test' ? 'TRUE' : 'FALSE';

This field should not be empty when returned -- it should be "FALSE".

4. $post_data['ssl_exp_date'] = $order_info['payment_info']['expiry_month'] . '/' . $order_info['payment_info']['expiry_year']; should be
$post_data['ssl_exp_date'] = $order_info['payment_info']['expiry_month'] . '' . $order_info['payment_info']['expiry_year'];

The expiration field does not have a forward slash in the system -- so that hse to be removed.

I think that covers it although the system is not working totally as expected because to work you have to have the show form = true -- otherwise you get a blank screen. I suspect is has something to do with not passing the right "hidden" variables to the system so I'm going to read the developers manual to see if I can figure it out.

Hope this helps someone else who has a client using myVirtualMerchant.