Configuring Multistore Setup After Migration

Dear members, staff,

I have to share something with you. I recently migrated my multi-store setup which is based on two storefronts, each with their own independent domain from a older CentOS 5 x86 to a newer CentOS 6.5 x64 VPS platform with cPanel.

I figured that after the migration I must repeat step 3 and 4 of

[how to configure cPanel for a storefront on a DIFFERENT DOMAIN)

I am by the way on CS-Cart V4.1.5 Ultimate Edition.

For some to me not very obvious reason I just cannot complete step 4 and 5 of this procedure

cPanel responds with :

Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Now… that cannot be true as the domain of the second storefront points only to the same IP address as the first storefront on which this account in cPanel is created.

By the way I run my own dedicated server with SolusVM, OpenVZ and WHM cPanel for both the virtual private servers.

And you know what ? It actually does not seem nescessary as when I go in the address bar of the browser and I type the url domain of the second storefront, the second storefront with that correspondend domain appears just fine.

I am very puzzled, could someone tell me if my assumption is correct in that you only need to do the add-on domain steps if you setup the second storefront for the first time.

Yours sincerely

Your message is a bit confusing but any cPanel setups/changes should only need to be done once. I.e. if you need a subdomain created with the cpanel account then you only have to do that once.

The instructions generally assume that someone is starting from scratch versus a migration or upgrade.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1408845455' post='190432']

Your message is a bit confusing but any cPanel setups/changes should only need to be done once. I.e. if you need a subdomain created with the cpanel account then you only have to do that once.

The instructions generally assume that someone is starting from scratch versus a migration or upgrade.

[/quote]

Thank you Tony, it seems that then that the migration went succesful.