config.local.php check_templates?

anyone change the default value on this from true to false and had you noticed any change in peformance?

[quote]anyone change the default value on this from true to false[/quote] Yes

[quote]had you noticed any change in peformance?[/quote] Negligible at best as I recall. However, can easily be tested without negative effects on your own server. ;)

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1316041656’ post=‘121670’]

Yes

Negligible at best as I recall. However, can easily be tested without negative effects on your own server. ;)

[/quote]

Any clue what this feature actually does? I don’t completely get what it does.

From what I read it would not check templates at all and only serve cached versions, right?

My experience with php/smarty cache in previous apps shows it loads pretty dang quick much

quicker than CS Cart because its basically html. Our current website uses a custom smarty/php

solution and its cached and loads like plain html (almost instant) while the way CS-Cart Caches

things causes it to not load as quickly.

Hello solesurvivor,

Thank you for your message.

The “check_templates” setting is not used in CS-Cart code anymore (except for the case when this variable is defined in the “config.local.php” file). So changing the value of this setting does not affect anything. I have forwarded this information to our engineers. Most probably they will remove this part of the code in one of our next CS-Cart releases.

Thank you for paying attention to this issue.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team