Communication on Processed Orders

I know this question has been asked numerous times, but in no thread is there an actual answer other than “check to enable customer communication”…which I’ve done.

Currently, my shop is set to authorize & capture a transaction when it comes in. This makes the initial order status as “Processed”. At that point, the customer is unable to initiate a communication with me through their online profile. However, when I ship the order and change the order status to “complete” the customer is able to start a communication with me. Kind of defeats the purpose, right?

What settings do I need to alter so that the “communication” link is present on processed orders?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I guess I didn’t realize that customers could not open a communication until after it moved to something other than processed. In the older version (1.3.5), I believe the customer was just unable to open communication if they “checked out as a guest”.

Hello, Chef_Joe

It is possible to start communication for orders with the “Processed” status in the standard CS-Cart installation. The problem on your side requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.