Comments Welcome

Jesse-Lee updated my cart from 2.0.6 to 2.0.8 today and fixed a few of minor bugs. He also re-installed Sno XML site map and made sure it was working properly. If anyone is looking for a hassle free update i’d suggest contacting him. He’s very friendly and eager to help his clients as much as possible.

If your looking for a part time web help or looking to hire someone full time I’d suggest sending him a e-mail.

*First Link on the page.

You shop have many double content on google! with /index.php and hush links from the filters

Your right. I had duplicate content by per accident. I attempted re-direct my URLS that come from the top 10 keyword search. Hopefully, by tomorrow the changes will take affect and redirect all the bad links to the new links. I did this using the software in the cpannel.

When I had 2.0.6 CS-Cart I had unneeded - marks because I would hit the space bar without noticing the cons until it was too late when entering the product titles. When I updated to 2.0.8 CS-Cart it deleted all the unneeded slash marks which is very disappointing.

The sitemap is updated and I submitted a new feed to Bing, Yahoo, and Google. Hopefully, they catch the problem and correct the search engine results. We had a awesome increase in traffic the past several weeks. Now due to the URL accident I’m sure we will see a small decrease of new visitors.

If you have any other suggestions or find anymore problems please let me know. Thanks for your time!

I am having a hard time selecting a template that would attract new comers. When I had Joomla I had a blue/black layout that received a lot of compliments from the younger crowd , and some negative comments from the older crowd. I know it’s hard to please everyone when it comes to selecting a template.

I honestly like the default cs-cart template but i’d like to try something different. If anyone has any suggestions i’m open to them.

Thanks!

[quote name=‘KBM’]I am having a hard time selecting a template that would attract new comers. When I had Joomla I had a blue/black layout that received a lot of compliments from the younger crowd , and some negative comments from the older crowd. I know it’s hard to please everyone when it comes to selecting a template.

I honestly like the default cs-cart template but i’d like to try something different. If anyone has any suggestions i’m open to them.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Your target customers would be?

80% male age from their teens to their late 30’s?

Design it for them, but try not to alienate your other 20% target audience.

If you are trying to build a brand and look, you definitely need a graphic artist/designer.

I think the site is too generic for your type of audience.

Get some ideas from:

http://www.templatemonster.com

Thanks hykit,

I’m going to search around on that site. Hopefully, I find something I like and can have a CS-Cart pro make the changes.

Pay attention to design within your manufacturers in the industry: Troy, Fox, Oneal, Thor, No Fear, etc. Very vibrant. I raced motocross for quite sometime back several years ago and speaking from a customers perspective, we usually choose a brand and stick with it. So add a bit of all your top manufactures within your design (the colors, graphics,etc). Make the site look fast if this makes sense.

Maybe add video to the site such as: whats going on in the world of “standings” for dirt and street. Whats happened last week, this week and maybe archives from the past. The more you show your customers their favorite riders and what they wear or buy the more sales you will capture. Thats what I miss from this site is whats going on with my favorite riders and what are they wearing, riding and any other gossip that may be of importance. Maybe even a forum or race locator featuring local tracks in everyones area.

These guys stick together and race together like a big family. Keep them involved somehow. Send your customers free stickers of your logo. We love stickers and put them on everything. You racers are your biggest marketers!

As far as parts…everybody needs parts. Give them reason to buy them from you.

Overall I really like the site. very well put together. I bookmarked ya! Take a look at some of the really big sites in the industry and do what they do. They spend millions doing just what you’re trying to figure out. Don’t try to re-invent the wheel my friend…fallow the leader.

Great stie!

-----

[quote name=‘derbytown502’]Pay attention to design within your manufacturers in the industry: Troy, Fox, Oneal, Thor, No Fear, etc. Very vibrant. I raced motocross for quite sometime back several years ago and speaking from a customers perspective, we usually choose a brand and stick with it.

[COLOR=“DarkRed”]Tell me about it! I’ve had a Thor helmet ever since I started riding atvs![/COLOR]

So add a bit of all your top manufactures within your design (the colors, graphics,etc). Make the site look fast if this makes sense. [COLOR=“DarkRed”]That makes sense! I will attempt manufacture logos in the future.[/COLOR]

Maybe add video to the site such as: whats going on in the world of “standings” for dirt and street. Whats happened last week, this week and maybe archives from the past.

[COLOR=“DarkRed”]some products have a youtube video in the description[/COLOR]

The more you show your customers their favorite riders and what they wear or buy the more sales you will capture. Thats what I miss from this site is whats going on with my favorite riders and what are they wearing, riding and any other gossip that may be of importance. Maybe even a forum or race locator featuring local tracks in everyones area.

[COLOR=“DarkRed”]I donate/sponsor a lot of atv forums but I have doubts uploading links of those forums on my site. I don’t want to send my traffic elsewhere.[/COLOR]

These guys stick together and race together like a big family. Keep them involved somehow. Send your customers free stickers of your logo. We love stickers and put them on everything. You racers are your biggest marketers! [COLOR=“DarkRed”]Your right my whole site is based around racers and competitive enthusiast [/COLOR]

As far as parts…everybody needs parts. Give them reason to buy them from you.

Overall I really like the site. very well put together. I bookmarked ya! [COLOR=“DarkRed”]Thanks![/COLOR] Take a look at some of the really big sites in the industry and do what they do. They spend millions doing just what you’re trying to figure out. Don’t try to re-invent the wheel my friend…fallow the leader. [COLOR=“DarkRed”]I would like to get ahead of the leader!:cool: [/COLOR]

Great stie!

[COLOR=“DarkRed”]thanks again![/COLOR]

[/QUOTE]

when you click on the images it opens in a new window instead of showing the full image

[quote name=‘giftedwon’]when you click on the images it opens in a new window instead of showing the full image[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure what your talking about? What browser are you using? I go back and forth from IE / Google / FF and I don’t have see any pop ups? Thanks for the heads up on a potential problem.