Does anyone know how do the above?
We have several suppliers’ price list in Excel format and would like to map the fields to CS-Cart’s fields, and if possible combine everything to upload (though we anticipate it might be very slow – there’s thousands of products!)
This is what I do:
- Create 1 product by hand (,completely fill out all the fields and options and features)
- Export the product.
- Open the exported CSV in Excel.
- Copy and paste the appropriate columns from the Excel into the spreadsheet.
- Alter the data formats so it follows the CS-Cart format (If you don’t know Regular Expression, that would be a good time to learn).
- Copy the columns I know will import (are correctly formatted like the export) into a new spreadsheet, save it as a CSV and import it into CS-Cart.
- Take my time to get the remaining columns in the correct format.
- Upload the remaining columns as a CSV later.